☆꧁✬◦°˚°◦. ʟօօӄ ɨռȶօ ʍʏ ɛʏɛֆ .◦°˚°◦✬꧂☆

Start from the beginning

As Daniel and Eve engage in their banter, Raven's demeanor conceals a storm of jealousy and frustration brewing beneath the surface.

Daniel, with a mischievous grin, leans in a little too close to Eve, commenting on the festive atmosphere. "You know, Eve, I've been to many parties, but none quite like this. It must be your charm."

Eve, her laughter ringing through the air, responds playfully, "Well, it's not every day you get to celebrate New Year's Eve with the Astore touch."

In Raven's internal monologue, he scoffs, "Astore touch? What does that even mean? Is he trying to impress her with fancy phrases now?"

As Daniel continues his flirtatious banter, Raven watches with narrowed eyes. Daniel, never one to miss an opportunity, adds, "I must say, Eve, your bodyguard over there seems like he's ready to challenge me to a duel. Is that part of the security package?"

Eve, oblivious to the underlying tension, laughs off the comment. "Oh, Raven is just protective. It's his job, you know."

Raven, clenching his jaw, mutters to himself, "Protective is an understatement. More like possessive. And what's with the dueling reference? Is he trying to turn this into some medieval drama?"

Daniel leans in, "You know, Eve, they say a New Year's Eve kiss brings good luck. What do you think?"

Eve, blushing, responds with a teasing smile, "Well, I've never been superstitious, but who knows?"

Raven's eyes narrow further, and in his inner monologue, he grumbles, "Great, now he's trying to go for the New Year's kiss angle. Classic playboy move. How cliché can you get?"

//

As the music begins to serenade the ambiance, Raven seizes the moment. With a subtle signal to a passing waiter, he orchestrates the transition from the lively tunes to a softer melody. Turning towards Eve, he extends his hand with a confident yet unexpected gesture.

"Care for a dance, Miss Dale?" he suggests, a hint of newfound boldness in his demeanor.

Eve, pleasantly surprised by Raven's move, quirks an eyebrow. "Well, this is new. Anything on your mind, Detective?"

A faint blush creeps onto Raven's cheeks at the playful nickname, but he quickly regains composure. "Just felt like a change of pace," he replies, attempting to sound casual. He pulls her to a less crowded space where some of other couples were already dancing to the tune.

Eve, ever the playful tease, raises an eyebrow. "Change of pace? Or were you rescuing me from the clutches of our charming friend, Daniel?"

Raven, his frustration palpable, retorts, "Oh, come on. You and I both know what he was doing."

Eve, a mischievous glint in her eyes, can't resist playing along. "I didn't know you were the jealous type, Raven."

Caught off guard, Raven hesitates for a moment, avoiding direct eye contact. "I wasn't jealous," he asserts, his tone slightly defensive. "Just being protective. Now... can we please dance?"

"Of course. Let's dance away from all the chaos."

[[ A/N- watch the video above ]]

As Raven and Eve continue their dance, the gentle sway of their movements aligns with the romantic notes of the music. In the quiet cocoon of their shared moment, a storm of emotions brews within Eve's heart, each step of the dance echoing the rhythm of her internal monologue.

In the sanctuary of Raven's arms, Eve's mind becomes a canvas painted with the delicate hues of her thoughts. She gazes up at him, her eyes mirroring the reflection of swirling emotions.