Chapter 2

Trisha

The rest of the evening went by in the similar way. I and Veer were busy gossiping about different stuffs. And after dinner we went to sleep. We decided to sleep in the living room so we could just sleep in the same room. Veer took the initiative and he slept on the floor on a mattress while I found my place in the couch.

After saying good night to each other I tried to sleep but I couldn't because my mind was only thinking about the book. Something about it was attracting me so much. As if I know the name. Lavanya alone felt so close to my heart.

I don't really read books of classical mythology or the ones that are based on the genre of something related to history. But this one was different. Maybe because it was a part of the forbidden books and it's weird because it was not something that was taught.

I sighed looking at my side seeing Veer who was sleeping so peacefully. Sometimes he would make me laugh, he was a really nice guy. We have been bestfriends since forever I guess. He's the only one I remember from school.

Veer sometimes made me wonder that his future partner must be really lucky to have someone that caring.

"Veer?" I called softly not expecting him to answer because he looked like he was in a deep slumber.

"Yes?" He replied making me startled.

"You aren't sleeping, Veer?" He opened his eyes and looked at me. I was at a height upper him but because of some dim lights that I kept on he was able to look at me. Our eyes locked and for a moment a silence fell.

A silence that wasn't awkward, a silence that didn't make me question anything. I just kept looking at his eyes and somehow I found myself in a state of mind where my mind went blank. It felt like his eyes were taking me to a different dimension.

I finally shrugged my thoughts and said,

"Why aren't you sleeping?" He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"That should be my question, Trisha. Is something bothering you? You seem really restless." He gets me so well. I was really restless maybe a little bit guilty. There was nothing that I ever hid from him.

We have been partners in crime always and for the first time I was hiding the fact that I had practically stole a book from the library. While library is the place where you get books from but still there's no written record.

I took a deep breath with the intention of confessing everything.

"I did something. Something that I should not." I said and he looked at me with widened eyes.

"Did you murder someone?"

"What? No!" He sighed in relief.

"As long as you didn't murder anyone, it's fine. Anyways what did you do?" He said again.

I took some time and then spoke,

"I stole a book from the forbidden corner of the library." His eyes came out of the socket.

"What? But why?"

"There was this fictional book in that corner that I never saw in the market and neither did I hear about it. Also the texture says that the book was written quite a long time ago. I am fed up of reading modern fictional stories and also in the name of old it's all about Shakespeare. I wanted to try something new, that's why." He looked at me and then sighed a little.