• dont be late •

A sigh escaped Eunseo as she reluctantly searched for a contact through her phone

A sigh escaped Eunseo as she reluctantly searched for a contact through her phone. Finally building enough courage, and more frankly, enough energy, she pressed on the 'call' button.

She stood alone in the kitchen of their dorm, leaning against the countertop as she waited for her call to be answered.

A couple seconds later she heard the voice of someone she didn't feel like hearing at this moment.

"Eunseo!"

"Hi mom," the girl greeted.

"Why haven't you called me sooner? I know you see all the messages I send you." Her mother scolded. "Its like you are ignoring your father and I"

Eunseo let out another slightly frustrated sigh, quiet enough so her mom wouldn't get mad at her for that as well.

"Yes I know, i'm sorry for that." She thought of an excuse, "I've just been pretty busy these last few days."

That wasn't entirely a lie. Her days were now filled of preparations for the upcoming award show.

But it also wasn't entirely the truth. Eunseo had purposely been holding off talking with her mom.

Only because she already expected how the conversation would go.

"Yes I know, but you should still make time for us. We're still you're parents you know." Eunseo could practically hear the eye roll her mother gave through the phone.

"Anyways," Her mother changed the subject. "You're still visiting in two weeks right, for your sister? Or are you too busy for that too?"

With pursed lips, the girl responded quietly, "Yes." It was a familiar thing to hear, yet again, another passive aggressive comment from her mom. "You know I wouldn't miss it."

"Good."

The rest of the conversation carried on and Eunseo couldn't wait for the second it would finish.

"Alright bye mom,"

"Oh and make sure you stop showering so late, you'll get sick," Her mother said in a hurry, "And stop eating all those snacks. Last time I saw you your face looks a bit swollen-"

"Bye mom." The girl said a bit louder than last time, a clear irritation from the comment.

"What? I'm just saying. Bye, bye" The line finally disconnected.

°°°

"Is anyone else using my shampoo?" Mia walked out of the bathroom, with furrowed brows as she wrapped a towel around her hair.

Eunseo and Yuki quickly glanced at each other before turning back to Mia.

They shook their heads trying to hold in a small laugh.

She narrowed her eyes, "Oh really? Then why is it almost gone, I just bought this like less than a month ago."

The two girls just stayed quiet.

"I know you guys used it."

"Whatttt?"

"No way, pshhh"

"We would never do that without asking.." They defended unconvincingly.

"Mhm sure, you guys are buying me a new one." Mia grinned as she walked away.

The two girls sitting in their beds, immediately turning to each other. Having the exact same thought and racing to say it before the other.

"I'm not buying it!" Eunseo called out first.

"Damnit!" Yuki exclaimed.

Eunseo smiled as now she didn't have to make any trips to the grocery store anytime soon.

"Oh I forgot to ask, do you still have that duffel bag that I can borrow?"

"For what?" Yuki questioned.

"I'm going to see my parents soon. My strap on my last bag broke so I was wondering if I could borrow yours?"

"Yeah of course! It's somewhere in the closet" She chuckled.

"oh wait isn't it almost-"

"yeah, that's why i'm visiting them.." Eunseo answered. "I was just talking on the phone with my mom earlier."

"Oh." The other girl spoke. "How'd that go?" she knew that Eunseo and her parents never had exactly the best relationship.

"It was fine. Besides talking about that, just the usual stuff. Her always having something to say" she let out a light laugh.

Yuki laughed with her, "So, you excited to go see them?"

"Uh," She thought for a moment, "yeah actually. I guess my mom is right. I haven't really kept in touch with them that much lately. So it should be nice to see them again."

"Plus, I miss talking with my sister" She smiled.

Yuki just gave a sympathetic smile at that.

°°°

For the rest of the week, none of the dance coaches would be here. So it was up to the members to do their own dance sessions on their own time.

Eunseo:
when are you free today?

Unknown:
Who is this?

Eunseo:
it's me

Unknown:
??
how am i supposed to figure that out

Eunseo:
Oh yeah
my bad
it's Eunseo

Unknown:
I should've figured from that stupid response
how'd you get my number?

*Eunseo changed Unknown to Idiot."

Eunseo:
😒
i got it from minju who got it from niki
so when are you free?

Idiot:
are you asking me out on a date 💀

Eunseo:
ew no
so we can practice dumbass

Idiot:
oh
yeah
uhh i'm free around 4

Eunseo:
okay
don't be late

Idiot:
won't make any promises

Eunseo:
😐

Idiot:
i'm kidding

a/n: another short chapter but i'm going to try and update again tomorrow :))

sorry i haven't been active, i just finished all my exams this week T-T