As they walk through the lounge, Y/n leans towards Ruggie and whispers to him,

"umm... what just happened?"

"Hm? Ah, our Housewarden told them to be on their best behavior for when you're here and to show you respect."

Y/n raises a brow at this,

"Wait I thought you were the Housewarden?"

"Nah, our Housewarden is Leona. He just sent me to show you around instead."

Ruggie shakes his head and looks to the side, avoiding Y/n's gaze as a hint of annoyance becomes more evident in his face. The woman thinks about the name Leona and tries recalling the ceremony. If all the Housewardens except Malleus were there, then Leona had to have been there.

She thinks hard.

'Leona, Leona... Leeoonnaa.... hmm, nope,  doesn't ring a bell.'

As they exit the lounge and pass through a few rooms and areas, right off the bat the Devil Fruit user decides she's liking it here more than Heartslabyul. The outside, being a desert and all, also slightly reminds her of Alabasta, giving it bonus points in her mind.

'I wonder how Vivi and Alabasta is doing right now... that Croco-bastard better not come back there again!'

Now walking through one of the desolate hallways, Ruggie can't help but notice and steal glances at her bag. He would never steal from her, especially after Leona threatened the entire Dorm to be on their best behavior, but tells himself it should be fine to just take a look and see what valuables she has on her. With how distracted she is, Ruggie also tells himself that the woman won't mind.

Just as he's about to discreetly slip a hand into Y/n's, they both abruptly stop in their step and his hand is grabbed and lifted upwards. Y/n has an iron grip on his wrist and the hyena boy instantly starts regretting his choice. Not expecting such strength, he fears for the worst as the Devil Fruit user finally turns to face him, looking at him with an empty expression.

.
.
.

"If you wanted to look in my bag, you just had to ask. No need to be sneaky, haha! Though you're pretty good at that!"

Ruggie blinks a few times, surprised that she isn't enraged or even slightly bothered. She just laughs, looks at him with kind eyes and pats him on the back a few times like they're friends. Y/n already moves on and walks in a random direction, telling him that she'd show him what's in her bag after the tour. Staying back for a few seconds, thinking about how way too strong her grip was, a weird feeling starts to form in Ruggie's chest.

Ignoring it, he runs after the woman and pulls her into the right direction.

Showing her where Leona's room is and then where the students of each year sleep, he shows her into his room and sits down on his bed. Y/n tosses Ruggie her bag so he can look through it, in the meantime she looks around at the stuff in his room. The air between the two is a lot more relaxed.

"You going to head to Octavinelle after this or are you stayin' here?"

"I'll be staying here the night, this place reminds me of a friend's home so I like it a lot here!"

Nodding in acknowledgement, Ruggie starts rummaging through her bag. Grabbing some of them out to examine them, he's completely confused.

"... what's this thing supposed to be?"

Putting back a book she had been looking at, Y/n looks at the item he's holding and goes to sit next to Ruggie on his bed,

"That's my log pose. I got it just before entering the Grandline, it's impossible to navigate there without one because normal compasses don't work there. It's supposed point towards the nearest and strongest magnetic field of an island. But for some reason, ever since I arrived here it hasn't stopped spinning."