odette failed math

Začít od začátku

"i don't- i don't know. i can't stop, percy! it's the shoes," grover tells him while me and percy chase after him in the sand. "grover!" i yell at him as he gets farther away. "ettie! percy!" grover shouts as he starts sliding down in the sand towards a huge pit. "stay here odie, okay? grover!" percy tells me and yells after grover. i watch anxiously as percy starts sliding down next to grover. "percy!" i yell to him. percy then grabs grover, pulls out his sword, digs it into the sand, and pulled him and grover to a stop. grover's shoes were still pulling them, but eventually they flew off and into the pit. i quickly but carefully walked down to where they were, "are you guys okay?" i received nods from them as they continued backing away from the pit, and percy fell onto his bag which made a 'clank' sound.

"what was that?" i raise an eyebrow at percy. percy then unzips his backpack, reaches in, and pulls out... the master bolt? "is this?" percy asks. grover and i answer at the same time "no" "yes". percy stared at the bolt in his hands, "i mean this looks like.." "it absolutely is not," grover shook his head. "okay.. so what is it then?" percy looks over at grover for an answer. "yeah, that's the master bolt." grover says the same time percy says, "i mean, i think so, right?" "how is it even in your bag?" i ask in disbelief. "wait this isn't my bag. this is the bag ares gave to me. ares had the master bolt this entire time and tricked us," percy claims while glancing between grover and me. "he was working with hades?" i ask. "i mean i guess so," percy answers. "i mean that was it, right? that's the quest. zeus is expecting us to return this," grover says whilst looking at percy and the bolt. i look at percy and see him looking at hades palace, so i offer my hand to help percy up, "zeus is just gonna have to wait. let's go get your mom."

percy held onto my hand as we slowly walked into hades palace. we were looking around and the ground randomly started taking us up. i looked at percy nervously and gave me a tiny comforting smile. he then gave me my pearl, "just in case you need it." "thank you," i tell him as we make it to the upper floor. "is this our stop or?" grover asks as we hear footsteps approach. "hey gentlemen, lady. welcome! sorry about all the oh.. anyways, it's so great to meet you. i know who you are, and you know who i am. so we can just skip right past that part. can i get you anything? fresh pomegranate juice, a snack?" hades says to us but more specifically talking to percy. "actually if" grover was cut off by percy, "my mother."

we all turned to percy and hades replied, "boom, straight to business. i admire the cut of your jib." i tilt my head to the side and whisper into percy's ear, "what's that mean?" he just shrugs because he doesn't know either. hades continues, "little nautical reference for you. i see you." "where is she?" percy questions with a serious expression. "right. okey-doke. let's get to it. your mom's just over here," hades tells percy while turning and walking. percy, grover, and i all exchange nervous glances and hades just yells, "you've come all this way, don't be shy!" we follow him and see a little couch setup with a golden statue. percy stares at the statue, "mom? what did you do to her?"

"uh.. saved her life?" hades replied with a scoff. "you know, typically, getting crushed by a minotaur is a terminal diagnosis. i snagged her for ya. just in the 'ta-da' nick of time, so that you would come see me. and here we are. you give me what you got, and i'm giving you what i got," he explained to percy. i look over and see grover shaking his head. "i.. i can't give it to you," percy tells hades. "ah, see, there's a quid and a quo here." "that bolt doesn't belong to you. your plan almost worked, you and ares managed to steal the bolt, trick me into bringing it right down and giving it to you. but it's wrong and i won't do it. so all i can do is ask you to do the right thing too. please let my mom go," percy pleads. hades just makes a weird face, "huh?"

"what?" percy asks. "who tricked ares into doing what?" "you're in cahoots with ares, to secure the bolt," grover says. "i'm not in cahoots with ares. i seldom cahoot. the bolt is my brothers drama, and i don't want any part of it," hades explained. "you don't want it?" i ask in confusion. "no," hades answered quickly. "then what do you want?" percy asks him. "my helm!" hades tells us with a raise of his voice. "your what?" i ask. "my helm of darkness, it went missing just days before someone used it to turn invisible and steal the bolt. i'd like it back now, please, and then you'll get your mom back. "you really don't want the bolt?" percy asks again. "why would i want the bolt?" hades asks like we're stupid.

"to start a war between your brothers," grover accuses. "why would i want that?" "jealousy?" i suggest. "i don't know if you noticed but it's all candy canes and rainbows down here. i'm managing just fine. i don't really do jealous, my brother's on the other hand, have the market cornered on jealous. family drama is why i don't go up there anymore. these grudges go on forever, super unhealthy. someone stole zeus's bolt, it wasn't me, it must've been somebody who was-" hades got cut off by percy. "kronos." "excuse me?" hazes raised his brows at percy.

percy continued to speak, "he's got the longest grudge of them all. zeus took kronos's throne. who else has a bigger reason to weaken zeus and take his throne back?" "kronos is in a million pieces and is at the bottom of-" "tartarus, where something just tried to pull us into it the moment the bolt appeared in our bag. tartarus, where i've been hearing a voice from in my dreams telling me it needs my help to take down olympus. i assumed that was you, but the voice i heard.. it definitely didn't sound like you," percy finishes and hades just releases a sigh. hades then looks percy straight in the eyes, "ask me for sanctuary." "what?" "if kronos is somehow planning to emerge from his exile, and you were his first call. you're not safe. ask me and i'll protect you. you and your mother. and the goat and your girlfriend," hades speaks to percy and grover and i make quick eye contact. "i'll throw them in on the house. this works out nicely for you as it turns out. all it'll cost you is the bolt."

i give percy's hand a squeeze as i look at hades, "i thought you didn't want the bolt?" "i don't want the bolt. now, i need the bolt. if war with kronos is coming i'd like to be prepared. not messing around here, kid. his only ends one way, the only question is how difficult you make it." "no," percy says. "give me the bag," hades demands as he steps towards percy and i. i watch as he holds up his pearl and hades speaks, "nice pearl." "i accept your offer," percy tells him making me look at him with my face twisted in confusion. "great!" "your first offer. we're gonna go get your helm. and when i get back, you're going to let my mom go," percy commanded.

"okay. hang on kid," hades starts. "grover now!" percy yells at him. grover then disappears and i look over at percy. "hold fast, mom," percy says looking at the gold statue and then we both crush our pearls. i opened my eyes and realized i was laying on the dirty ground. "ew gross," i mumble to myself before sitting up and taking percy's hand as he pulls me up. i look over and see annabeth and i wrap an arm around her as we watch ares slowly approach us. percy then took out his sword and i looked at annabeth,

"ARE WE ABOUT TO DIE?"

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕤

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕤

for all the people who are liking this book i'm excited to tell you i'm working on TWO other ones. i don't know which one i'm gonna post first or when... but they are in the works. one book for grover and one book for luke, if there is one you guys would prefer me to post first i'll do that. like always if there are any spelling mistakes feel free to correct me. thank you so much for the votes,
i'm thankful for all the support and love! plz tell me what you guys think of the book, i love to hear your opinions( plz be kind tho). thank you so much for reading!
i appreciate you<3.
love, aim

got any ideas for the story?      ———->

໒꒰ྀི'• ˕ •' ꒱ྀིა