-3-

(RECAP)...

A few hours go by and I realize that my mom is working a late shift, she told me when she works late I have to eat a frozen dinner from the fridge. At first I complained about that but when I got really hungry I ate it as if it was the tastiest food in the world.

After I ate my heated up frozen dinner, I heard the front door open and saw my mom tiredly enter.

.

JISUNG'S P.O.V

My mom's name was Annabelle, I watched the conjuring when I was little and thought my mom was the doll for months and I screamed every time I looked at her, but I I grew out of that. She is a nurse at the small hospital in this small town. "The hours are long and the pays are low." She says all the time.

I know she had been working all day because when I woke up this morning she was already gone. I stood up from the couch and walked over to her, she looked like she could barley open her eyes.

"Mom, are you alright?"

She nodded slowly and I put her arm over my shoulder and led her to the couch. "How was your day?" She asked me in a whisper.

"I'll tell you tomorrow." I whisper back. I knew she needed sleep because after I said that she immediately closed her eyes and the next thing I heard was light snores.

.

I looked around and saw the house was a mess. My mom usually cleans when she gets home, even when I try to help she asks me if I have homework, and if I say no she tells me to go sit down and watch TV while she makes me dinner.

I walked into the kitchen and turned on the water as I started to do the dishes. Yesterday night my mom made homemade Alfredo pasta, so the plates were covered in leftover white sauce. After I finished the dishes i started to do the laundry. While the washer was going I cleaned off the table and threw away all the trash.

I sat down on the couch once I was done. I looked at my sleeping mother and sighed. I stayed awake until the washer was done and I put the clothes in the dryer, after that I went to sleep, which I passed out immediately.

.

The next morning i got out of bed and brushed my teeth as I put on new clothes, they weren't exactly pajamas but they were close. In my defense, it was Saturday.

I walked into the living room and saw my mom wasn't there, I was confused because I thought she would still be sleeping considering the long day she had yesterday. But suddenly the smell of eggs and bacon filled my nose, I turned around and saw my mom cooking breakfast in the kitchen.

I smiled and ran into the kitchen, she saw me. "Good morning, Jisung."

Her voice was always so pure and honey-like in the mornings, she sounded like she was singing the softest melody.

"Mom, what are you doing? We usually go out for breakfast on the weekends."

"I know," she said as he started to fill two plates with eggs and bacon, "but I saw how much you cleaned when I woke up this morning, and I thought you deserved more than store bought sausage biscuits."

I smiled again. "Thank you, mom." I said in a playful tone. She chuckled and gave me a plate as we sat at our dining table and started to eat. I hummed in satisfaction when I tasted the food.

"So, mom..I want to ask you something."

She nodded as a sign to continue and took another bite of her food.

"So, you know I told you I made a friend named Felix. Well, he invited me to a party tonight at someone's house."

"Who's house?" She asked curiously.

"Damion's.."

"Damion? Didn't you say something about him being a stuck up, self-centered douche?"

I cleared my throat, "Um, well..yeah, but I'm just going to be hanging out with Felix."

My mom stopped eating to think about it. Her thinking face was when she zoned out on something random in front of her and she would sigh about 2 times. "I don't know, Jisung. Will you be safe? How late will you be back?"

I put my pinky up to her, "Mom, I promise you I will be safe and come home right at 10:00."

She laughed and took her pinky in mine. "Alright, you promised. I'll let you go."

I smiled in victory and started eating again. "You never liked parties, what's changed?" She asked.

I shrug, "maybe I just want more fun times with Felix, I mean, he's the only friend I have..I might as well make good memories and get out of my comfort zone."

My mom smiled as if she had been waiting for this moment her whole life, she didn't say anything but she kept that smile on her face.

.

When it turned night, I put on some casual clothes. My mom made sure I promised to be back at 10:00 once again before I left. Since the town was small, you could walk anywhere without having to use a car.

It was dark, it was not dark enough to where I couldn't see. I started to walk to damion's house.

Suddenly my phone rang, I sighed thinking it was probably my mom calling to say she changed her mind. But it was Felix.

I answered.

"Hey, Ji! You weren't coming to the party right?"

"Um.. actually I was. Why?"

"Damion had to cancel the party because his parents came home from their vacation to visit him."

"Oh.." I sigh. "Well, alright. I was on my way, but I guess I'll go back home."

"Wait, where are you?"

I looked around, "I'm just down the street of damion's house."

"Stay there."

After he said that he hung up the call.

"Stay here?" I repeat back to myself. I put my phone back into my pocket and stood there. Alone. In the dark.

After a little while, a hand grabbed my shoulder, I yelled out in fear and flinched as I backed up. I hear laughing and see that it's Felix. I groan. "Seriously, dude! You scared the hell out of me, don't do that!"

Felix couldn't speak because he was too busy laughing, he managed to speak a few words out, "all I did was..touch you." He was laughing hysterically. I crossed my arms. "Why Are you here?"

Felix took a deep breath and stopped laughing. "Even though we can't go to the party, we can still do something."

"Like what?" I asked with genuine curiosity. Felix shrugs. "Maybe I can walk you around, give you the background on everything in this town."

I scrunch my eyebrows. "Really? A history lesson?"

Felix chuckled. "Hey, you can thank me when you get a history test, alright. Let's go."

He slung his arm around my shoulder and we started to wake through the rest of the darkness.