"I intend to marry, love and cherish your sister Mr.Arora." Aadvik replies as if it's nothing. God, I really hope everyone's gone blind and can't see the blush on my face right now.

"Aadi, call him Sidharth or Sidharth bhaiya that sounds too formal." I try to change the topic.

"Her favourite colour?" Sidhart bhaiya continues. It's like the two are having a staring contest.

"Blue. Specially teal." Aadvik's voice has tone as if he's saying 'try harder questions' to my brother.

Sidharth bhaiya nods before continuing,
"Favorite food?"

"Choorma or pav bhaji." He replies without any wait.

"Something you love about her?" My brother pushes the question.

"Her smile, her laugh, her heart. There. That's three." My fiance says and my face turns into fire listening to him.

Seriously. Blind. Everyone. Now.

Before either of them could say anything else Badi Maa acts like my angel from heaven and calls us up for lunch.

The table is set with food and cutlery by the time we reach. We sit down and serve ourselves some of the delicious Dal Makhni and Paneer. It's all made by Badi Maa, I can tell by the smell of it.

I serve myself after Aadvik puts the bowl down. I look over to his plate, he has barely a spoon of dal makhani and a single piece of paneer with some gravy.

Without a word I pour in some more food into his plate and then move to mine.

Before he can protest I speak, "you've barely had any food since the morning baba. Eat." I glare at him and he nods like a toddler.

I keep the smile to myself as I start eating. Everyone asks us questions about the wedding and others things, Bade Papa and Aadvik fall into conversation about buisness before Badi Maa stops them by saying "Family ke saath bhi yahi baat karte rehna tum!" To Bade Papa.

All of us fall into a comfortable rythem and as expected my own fiance is teaming up with my brother to tease me.

Aashi didi and Bhabhi pull out a album of pictures from somewhere. It has some pretty cute baby photos of me. One had me without a shirt on, covered in chocolate while I licked some off my fingers. Aadvik instantly took out his phone and took a picture. Wait! Not a picture. The man scanned it in an app.

After a while, my phone rings and Aadvik passes it to me from the table, rolling his eyes. I laugh when I see a group video call from Ruhi and Niya.

Lowering my phone's volume to the least it can be, I pick up.

The screen shows two dresses, one in a silky material while the other was a shimmery white fabric.

Ruhi face peers out from behind the silk dress as she speaks.
"Ishu, this is you in a dress."

Niya also turns the camera towards her face, "bhabhi dekh lo mai bura maan jaugi!" She screams.

Shaking my head with a laugh at their banter I ask, "what happened to the dress in the morning?"

"Oh! Wo size me nahi thi" Niya replies.
"You know you love your devrani more Aisha." Ruhi continues her plea.
"Jhooth!" Niya yells

I face palm myself at their antics.

"Right now I hate both of you so I'll just choose the dress I like better and that iss.." I stop, unable to choose, both of the dresses are basically the same in design but have different fabrics. The silky one is more me but shouldn't I have a little more badazzle? Confused, I turn the phone towards Aadvik who looks at me suspiciously.
"Choose" I nudge him.
"Upar wali is more you. Go with that." He says with a shrug and I nod.

"The silk one", Ruhi jumps with excitement while Niya fake cries.
"I still love both of you the same now bye!" With that I press the red button and pay attention to whatever Aashi didi is explaining.

Apperently she's telling Aadvik about the outfit options for the wedding. My sister is one of the emerging fashion designers in the country. My daddu always joked that us girls got all the creative genes of the family while all the guys only like straight forward buisness. When she showed me her designs yesterday I practically melted and begged her to dress me and Aadvik for the wedding.

He pays complete attention on the pictures she shows and every time a new design pops up on the screen he asks if I like it or not. I like how he pays attention maybe just for the sake of my family liking him but since he came he's listened intently to everything. It makes me appreciate him even more.

When the sun had completely set me and Aadvik bid our goodbyes and headed out. In the car, Aadvik nudged his phone into my hand to play some music. Just then, the phone chimed up with Vedant's name so I pick up without hesitation.
"Helloooo" his voice peers from the earpiece, I roll my eyes at his enthusiasm.
"Hey, V" I answer while Aadvik looks at me with a chuckle.
"You're picking up his phone now too? What's next you reply to his emails?" My bestfriend quips.
"What am I? his personal assistant?"
"Exactly my question bhabhi ji"
"Oh my god Vedant. I never knew you were this funny!" I say sarcastically.
"I know right, it's the charm of Vedant Ahuja." I shake my head with laughter as he speaks.
"You're married." I remind the man.
"Yes and that's why I was calling, give the phone to bhai."
Since Aadvik is driving I sure as hell won't let him talk on the phone so instead I set the phone's bluetooth up and put the call on the car's speaker.

"What?" Aadvik asks.
"Yaar bhai kamse kam Ishu ke saamne to izzat karke dikhado abhi bhi aise baat kar rahe ho. Saala laga mai aapka!" Vedant yells making me fall into complete laughter at his antics. Aadvik pins me with a glare so I purse my lips, trying not to laugh.
"Get to the point." He says to Vedant and I give him a 'don't be such a grump' look.
"Me and Ruhi can't come tomorrow."
"What! Whyy" I whine like a little child.
"Ishu on speaker too? It's not like I'm giving your fiancé ways to run away. Those are only for you." Vedant laughs.
"You know what Aadvik please be even ruder to him." I look towards my driver who's completely focused on the road but still says, "Noted but if you kids are done can I get back the adult version of my girl and my brother please?"
"Okay, One of Ruhi's patient's is in a really bad condition and there might need to be an emergency surgery so she can't go and since mom and dad are going over to the hill house I don't want to leave her alone, ergo we can't come. Sorry," Vedant explains.
"Ugh. Chal tell Ruhi to call me whenever she's free." I say with disappointment. I really wanted all of us to go for a nice lunch in New York after we would land but luckily Kunal and Niya are still coming.

"Yeah, bye bye lovers." Vedant ended the call with that. I swiped up the phone to open the music app but the password stopped me. It was also the first time I noticed his wallpaper, a picture of us and I tried to do my best to not smile resulting in a poker face from me.

I turn the phone to Aadvik so he can put in the password but he pushes the device back and says, "it's 2101" and at that second there was no use of controlling the blush that creeps up on my face because this man has me on his wallpaper, has our wedding date as his password plus, cherry on top, has the my baby picture on his home screen. God what did I do to deserve him?

"The way you blush!" My fiancé teases as he pulls into a highway.
Trying to sound okay, I decide to make a joke about the little baby on the screen.
"Damn I really go in with the licking." I say.
Beside me Aadvik chokes on air as his ears turn completely red.
"The way you blushh" I mock him and then realisation hits me.

"Ohh my lord! Get your head out of the gutter Ahuja." I say as I hit his arm with a weak punch.
"You wouldn't have gotten it if you didn't have a dirty mind too" he smirks earning a half hearted glare from me.

I shake my head and try to focus on the music. By the time he drops me off at my apartment I'm happier than ever.