You just achieved something impossible, be proud.

~~~

I waited for what felt like two hours until the ugly duckling returned with a happy expression.

Son of a female dog.

"I want to fuck you so hard!" he declared, and I could have sworn I saw drool. I gagged—disgusting piece of garbage. 

I didn't say anything as he walked closer to the bed, and I prayed he got close enough for me to stab him. "Your dad is a pain in the ass. All he wants is money and to look good on camera."

I scoffed and snapped, "And you don't? You're the spitting image of Dexter. I would not be surprised if you were his son." I positioned my foot right next to his thigh. He was too distracted with my boobs, which were almost fully exposed, to notice the sharp item in my hold, and I smirked. 

Thank God I wore a good, sturdy bra.

"Shut the fuck up. You'll enjoy my sex and become my slut. My whore." As he said that, my rage reached its maximum capacity, and I exploded. 

I tightened my toes around the scissors and planted them on his thigh. 

"You fucking bitch!" He screamed in agony, and I laughed. His crying was music to my ears. It was about time he tasted his own medicine.

"Hurts, doesn't it? You've been doing this to me for more than four years. Don't be a pussy now, Heath dear," I remarked, feeling euphoric and slightly disoriented at the smell of blood.

"I will kill yo-" Before he could finish his threat, gunshots were heard, and I prayed.

Please, God, let it be Izan.

"Fuck," Heath murmured as shouts were everywhere and more gunshots were heard all over the cabin. "I don't have time for this," he said, opening the window. "This is not over." He jumped, and I wanted to chase after him, but the dang cuffs were in the way.

"Verena!" I heard Izan call out for me, and I almost cried out with happiness.

"In here!" Not a second later, the door burst open to reveal a very handsome, filled with blood and dirt, Mafia Boss. 

"You're late," I joked, but I didn't have the time to say anything else as he shot the handcuffs, making me flinch at the sound.

I lowered my hands and sighed in relief. "Thank God," he whispered as he engulfed me in a tight hug. 

He was shaking. 

His embrace was so warm. His arms were my safe haven. 

I nuzzled my nose in his neck and took a deep breath to calm us down. "He was about to rape me," I admitted aloud, and I felt him tense. "But I stabbed him with scissors. Heath escaped once he heard the gunshots," I continued, as my eyes burned from holding in my tears. "Alvaro! What happened to him? Is he safe? How about Jose? Is he alive? Please tell me he's alive!" I cupped Izan's cheeks. 

He nodded, gazing into my eyes. "Alvaro's safe. Jose just got out of surgery; he's stable. We'll visit him when we get back home, and he wakes up."

I sighed in relief once more and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Let's go home," I whispered, and he stood up with me in his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist, and he left the room. 

I did not let go. I could not let go. I was afraid that he might slip away.

As if he felt my fear and wild thoughts, he gently kissed my temple. "I'm here," he reassured me, and I just nodded. I was too exhausted to say anything.

"Izan, the fuckers are neutralized." A man, in his mid-thirties, approached us and wiped the blood from his face. He was handsome, but Izan was handsomer.

Is that even a word?

"Thanks, Shawn. I owe you one," Izan replied, tightening his grip on me as if I might fall.

Shawn shook his head and winked at me. "You owe me nothing. What are friends for? Anyway, I'm glad the lady's safe. I'll take care of everything here," he pointed to the dead bodies. I didn't see Dexter among them. He must have escaped.

A cat is not this lucky, dang it.

"Thank you," I managed to say with my dry throat, and he nodded, then left.

After a moment of looking at the dead bodies, I saw Carlos and Zulimar rushing toward us, so I patted Izan's shoulder to let me down. He did, and the moment my legs hit the ground, Carlos lifted me into the air. "Oh, shoot," I held on to him tightly as he spun me around.

"I'm so glad you're safe, Hermana," he cried, and I coed. Carlos, the big, mean mafia man, called me sister. I felt like crying. 

Not a minute later, I was snatched from Carlos' grip, and Zulimar gave me a bear hug. He said nothing as he held me in his arms so protectively until Izan cleared his throat.

"Let's go home," Izan said, and I held his hand that was extended for me to take.

"Let's go home," I smiled, and they beamed at me. 

I found my real family at last.

"By the way, how did you stab Heath when you were handcuffed?" I laughed so hard at the question because I didn't know how I managed to do that.

"Ninja skills."

~~~ 

26.01.2024 

Carlos just needs a warm hug :)