𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 - at least we're together again.

PROLOGUE

ACT ONE;

"At least we're together again!"

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

HOPE EXAHLED A SIGH AS SHE read over her notes for the spell. She had been trying for over 7 months to get this spell right and she was starting to get pissed. Who knew resurrection was this hard? She sat on the floor, in the middle of the circle of salt that was laid out.

“Okay, you got this.” She whispered to herself.

She rolled her shoulders a bit, taking a quick glance at the open spell book near her foot. She had tried perfecting this spell for the longest, getting help from different people, even doing it on a few animals so she felt it was the right time.

She closed her eyes. “Phasmatos revenios un Animum. Phasmatos revenios un Animum—”

There was a swift knock on the door but Hope ignored it. She was too close. The wind around her picked up, she felt her blood heat up a bit as her hands glowed. The pain was coming at her quickly, taking over her whole body as she gritted her teeth.

“Phasmatos revenios un Animum!” She got louder and louder, silently thankful she had a silencing spell on the room.

With each chant she got louder the pain grew more but she kept fighting, knowing that if she did this she would get her father back. Then it would only be a matter of time before she could get her mother back too.

The knocking became more and more disruptive. “Hope!” Lizzie's voice was heard behind the door. “Hope, I know you're in there!” She boomed.

Hope's jaw clenched in pain as she resisted the urge to give up. “I can do it. I can do it.” She mumbled over and over before repeating the same words.

“Phasmatos revenios un animum.”

The door suddenly burst open and an irritated Lizzie walked in but a blinding light made her shield her eyes a bit, stumbling back some.

“What the hell?” She scoffed, uncovering her eyes a bit before she looked around the room some. “Um…” she trailed off, seeing the salt and dead animals in the corner. “Right.” She nodded before walking out the room and closing the door behind her.

As she closed the door, the salt suddenly blew away, the dead animals disappeared, and the teenage girl who was sitting criss crossed on the floor was no longer there.

***

Sitting up with a gasp, Hope looked around startled. She didn't know where she was but if the man shaking her vigorously was something to go by then she didn't know what happened.

Who the fuck was touching her?

She went to smack the person's hands off when she was pulled into a hug. A very tight hug, making it almost impossible for her to breathe. The scent of sandalwood and bourbon filled her nose making her freeze in shock.