𝗲 𝗹 𝗲 𝘃 𝗲 𝗻

VICTORIA'S SECRET
"i love everything about you. including the parts you hide from the rest of the world"

~joão~

"i'm not going in there." i step away from the pleading girl and sigh loudly. "you can't make me."

"joão." isla groans pulling on my arm, begging for me to follow her. "please? you don't have to look or touch anything, just hold my hand and keep your head down." i'm not opposed to the idea of holding her hand, but i'm still stuck on my decision of not entering the store.

"isla, please don't make me." she's been begging me to accompany her to the victoria's secret store for about the last ten minutes. she needs to get a, what she calls 'matching lingerie set'. i'm not exactly sure what that means but i don't know if i want to find out either. "can't you just go in alone? i wanna sit down anyways, my legs hurt."

i pull out of her grasp and slump down into one of the mall couches that probably has baby puke and crushed food remnants all over it. we've been walking around the mall all day shopping for the upcoming wedding.

we ultimately decided we wanted to have the wedding sooner rather than later. mostly because the look on islas face when she talked about the plans made my stomach do flips and i decided i couldnt deny her of an early wedding. she's been so excited all day, picking out outfits and thinking of all the possibilities, it's honestly really cute.

isla convinced me to go full out, a bunch of people, giant cake, crazy reception party, and she even convinced me to book a hotel the night of the wedding.

we have already picked out my suit, the bridesmaids dresses, and the flavor of the cake, which is simple chocolate. we still need to find a dress for her to wear which she claims is the most important so it should be last.

so that's how we ended up in front of victoria's secret, isla begging me to come in with her. "okay stop being such a pussy. come on." she grabs my bicep and yanks me up off the couch, dragging me behind her. she's stronger than she looks.

i hold onto her hand tightly, shielding my innocent eyes with my free hand. i follow very close behind her as she shuffles around the store, searching for whatever it is she's looking for.

somehow i lose my grip on her and i start to internally freak out a bit. "isla?" i ask quietly, shoving my hand in random directions trying to find her.

"sir?" someone taps my shoulder and i spin around, lifting my head to look at the woman. she looks to be a little older than me, her short grey hair slicked back into a tight bun. the name tag on her chest leads me to believe she works here. "are you looking for a gift for a significant other?" she assumes and i shake my head quickly.

"no i'm actually looking for my significant other." i chuckle nervously briefly glancing around, not finding isla anywhere in sight.

"oh, well would you like some help picking something out for her?" she chuckles, spinning around and grabbing something off a display. she holds up the lacy item in front of her with a grin. "do you think she'd like this?"

"ma'am i'm not looking for anything, i'm just trying to find my uh," i trail off, not really knowing what isla and i are. in a couple months we will be newly weds, but what about now. dating? friends? i'm not entirely sure.

"joão!" the familiar voice snaps me out of my trance and i quickly turn around to find isla standing there empty handed, a wide smile on her face as she looks between the worker lady and i. "are you okay?" she questions, noticing the timid look on my face.