𝗳 𝗶 𝘃 𝗲

NERVOUS
"when death takes my hand i will hold you with the other and promise to find you in every lifetime"

~joão~

it's friday, which means i'm meeting islas family tonight. i've been stressing out since yesterday morning, and i barely got any sleep last night because my head was too full with nervous thoughts.

i really need to do this, because a wife is something that could definitely help with my image and reputation. ever since my ex cheated on me, there's been rumors of me being with multiple other women, which obviously isn't true.

but if i actually do marry isla, all the rumors will vanish. it would be easy to just tell people that we kept our relationship private but have been dating for a while. nobody has to know that we just met last week.

i think it's going to be very difficult for me to not try anything with her. i've only seen her in person twice, and when i saw her with her friends the other day i wanted to freeze time and stare at her gorgeous self till i died.

it's very obvious im attracted to her, shes gorgeous. but she's also one of the kindest and most genuine people i've ever met. so the fact that this is all just an act for the people around us, is gonna be a pain in the ass.

when her and her friends came to my practice, i couldn't keep my eyes off her. i kept tripping over the ball or missing it when someone would send a simple pass to my feet because i was too busy staring at her smile.

i think it's stupid. i've only known her for a week, why can't i keep my eyes off her. why can't i stop imagining her lying in my sheets next to me. why can't i stop imagining her pink lips on my own. why can't i stop imagining her staring up at me as i study the stars in her crystal eyes.

my thoughts are interrupted by a hard smack on the back of my head. i spin around to catch antoine with an obviously annoyed grin. "stop daydreaming and get ready." he throws a white dress shirt at my chest and i catch it.

"i'm scared." i huff as i pull the black compression shirt i was previously wearing over my head. "what if they hate me?"

"stop being such a baby." anto groans and starts to open and close all my dresser drawers, trying to find the perfect pair of pants for me to wear. "they're gonna love you." he turns around to send me a playful wink.

after about an hour of me stressing so much i almost ripped all my hair out and antoine continuously making fun of me, i'm finally being shoved out of the door.

isla told me to just meet her at her house at exactly 6 pm and she would come and get me. she told me to dress fancy, so antoine helped me pick an outfit appropriate for the occasion. which ended up being just black dress pants with a white buttoned top and a black blazer thing.

"can't you just come with me?" i beg, already knowing the answer is a proper no, but my nerves are really getting to me.

"no, i have a family to get home to." he opens my car door for me and i situate myself inside, making sure not to wrinkle any of my clothes. "and if tonight goes good, maybe you will too." he smirks down at me and i roll my eyes.

"ok bye." i bite my lip and shut the door, the defining silence in the car finally giving me a second to breathe. but that moment is cut short as anto starts to tap on the window repeatedly.

i sigh and slowly turn to look at him blankly. he tugs on the door handle, and i press the unlock button to let it open. i stare at him unimpressed as he pulls out a bouquet of red and white flowers from behind him.