Chapter 8:A hot(literally) bartender

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yes. Since you babysit my kids every day, that would be correct." You have a feeling they had this exact same conversation many, many times before, the thought making you try and fail to stiffen a giggle.

The fish monster turned to you and you could finally have a good look at him. He was tall, not as tall as Gaster, but still bigger than an average human. He was much more bulky than the skeleton though, big muscles adorned with scars that messed up the otherwise smooth admiral blue fish scales flexing with every movement. Same slashes scattered across his face too, most notably one that rendered him blind in one eye. You could recognise the shape made by a sword anywhere and it was exactly that, your tell that he must have taken part in the war that trapped the monsters down below. He had quite long red hair that he brushed back, easy to put into a ponytail or a bun if need be, but currently let down since there's no fight to be had. A short beard adorned his chin, curling around his mouth that was open in a wide grin, sharp yellow-ish teeth flashing from behind curled back lips. His healthy eye was bright yellow and slited, narrowed slightly after meeting your gaze.

"Ah! And this must be the human you spoke so much of, isn't it Gaster? Why, it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Indarra!" He offered his hand for a handshake, the side fins on his head, that probably served as protection of his hearing, flapping a few times for reasons you couldn't really figure out.

A bit intimidated, you clasped his hand in yours, praying that he wouldn't somehow figure out what you are. To have someone who is clearly a war veteran so close to you was dangerous. You didn't even want to imagine what he'd do to you if he found out.

"I'm (Y/n), pleasure is all mine-" Before you had a chance to fully finish your sentence, you were pulled forward by Indarra's strong grip, him pulling you in a hug quite like he did with Gaster.

You yelped at being pulled, then made a quiet groan too when you felt just how tight you were being squeezed right now. Still, you tried to hug back to the best of your ability, Indarra responding to it with a happy laugh, clearly used to Gaster not doing so.

Said skeleton monster grumbled quietly with an eye roll, tapping Indarra a few times on the shoulder impatiently to let you go.

"If you don't mind, I'll be taking her now" At Gaster's voice you were finally placed back down on the ground, turning to look at the skeleton, who seemed quite irritated.

Indarra merely shrugged at the look, clearly unbothered by it and walked over to the couch, sitting down on it and stretching. You now noticed that what he was wearing was clearly an undergarment for armour, you having to wear something similar once when still serving in their army.

"No need to be so huffy Gaster! I'm not going to steal your lady, I already have my daughter and she's the only one in life I need" The fish monster smirked while speaking, shooting both you and the skeleton a smug look.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. (Y/n) let's go." You chuckled quietly at the clearly huffy tone and walked over to him.

Gaster handed you a thick black coat, perhaps one of his own, along with a scarf and a fluffy hat, all of which you were very grateful for. You didn't do well with cold considering what happened last time. You put it on quickly, Gaster already dressed by the time you finished.

In the meantime Indarra had already settled in, Sans and Papyrus sitting on his knees as he, very loudly, started to tell them war stories, You ignored the pit in your stomach when you heard the description of a battle, closing your eyes tightly and simply following Gaster out of the house and drowning out the voice.

That was all soon forgotten though as you took in a deep breath, enjoying being outside for the first time in months, or, well, as outside as you could be when trapped beneath a mountain. Even the cold didn't dampen your excitement, the clothes handed to you kept you nice and warm, even with the snow that swirled in the air and covered everything in a fluffy white blanket. You gathered a bit of it into your hands, the gloves protecting your skin from feeling the chill. You crushed it in your hold, feeling it solidify in it and take a different shape.

Now that it wasn't nipping at your skin, it was quite fascinating, gorgeous even. Back then, you never had any time to enjoy the beauty of nature. An angel does not feel the heat or cold, cannot enjoy the sunrays warming the skin, the pleasure of sitting near a campfire and feeling the flames gently licking the air. It was a distraction from duty, an earthly pleasure you were not allowed to have, not after the choice to give up an afterlife to join their ranks and keep humanity safe.