Chapter 22: Vaani got abducted

Trigger warning with some mature content ⚠️

Everyone's attention focused on Vaani's absence and panic spread.

"Do something! I want my daughter back. Find Neel and ask him where he has taken her," Uma could not contain her anguish and cried out desperately. Dhananjay, trying his best to soothe Uma, attempted to calm her down.

"Auntie, we will find Vaani soon. Please don't cry," Samaria assured her.

Uma, overwhelmed by fear and desperation, turned her accusing gaze towards Adhvik. "You took her with you. Now tell me, where is my daughter? You're Neel's brother, you must have had a hand in this." she accused him.

"Yes! Ever since I broke off the marriage proposal between my daughter and Neel, he has gone mad. Tell me, where is Neel? You're helping him, aren't you?" Dhananjay yelled, pointing an accusatory finger at Adhvik.

"Uncle! Auntie! Please, don't lash out at him. Vaani loves Adhvik, and he is the one who is protecting her from Neel. Don't accuse him," Samaria intervened.

Adhvik, realizing the weight of the situation, gently reached out, taking Uma's trembling hand in his. With a calm yet resolute tone, he assured her, "Trust me, Auntie. I will search every corner of this earth to find Vaani and bring her back to you."

"I went to the police station, but they said they can't file an FIR until the person has been missing for more than 24 hours," Sameer informed.

✱✱✱

On the other side,
~an unknown place~

"Leave me, leave me! Please, let me go!" Vaani cried out, her voice filled with fear. Blindfolded and unable to see, she felt completely alone in a place where there seemed to be no one. The room echoed with her sobs and yells.

Listening intently, she relied on her senses to observe her surroundings. Suddenly, she heard footsteps approaching and the sound of a door being opened.

The footsteps drew closer until they stopped near her, where she sat on the floor.

"W-who are you? Please, let me go. Please," Vaani pleaded, her voice trembling.

Then, she felt a sensual touch on her arm, a touch that sent shivers down her spine. The person pulled her closer, his fingers gently brushing her face, tucking strands of hair behind her ear.

Vaani's breath hitched in her throat as she squirmed, trying to free herself from his grip. "Don't touch meee!"

But the person only pulled her even closer, his finger now caressing her lips. "Calm down, darling! I can touch you. After all, I'm your fiancé," he whispered in a husky voice near her ear.

Her body froze as she tried to process his words. She recognized that voice. "Neel..." she whispered.

But no reply was received.

"Neel, leave meee!" she yelled, her voice filled with desperation.

He removed her blindfold, and now they were face-to-face. "Neel, release me. You are doing wrong. You made a mistake by kidnapping me. You still have a chance to make things right by setting me free. Please," she pleaded, frantically trying to untie the rope that bound her hands.

But Neel kept his hand on her cheek, refusing to let go, which only heightened her frustration. She jerked her face away. "I said, leave!"

Neel's eyes were fixated on her, and her attempts to free herself seemed to amuse him. It was Vaani felt even more unsettled and out of control.