01

"Happiness doesn't have just one address."
– Anonymous

Can't believe I'm really here, like I know I am here but as I walk around NY it seemed all too real. Everything had a smell, and most of them were awful, the only ones that were pleasant were the smell of the food, but mostly everything was greasy or deep fried.

"Hey, so this is where they live, let's go up" Lucas spoke as I nodded. We then walked up to a doorman who stopped us and asked us who we were here to see.

"We are guests of Tyler Kennedy Strand and Carlos Reyes, sir" Lucas spoke as his southern Texas accent slipped out and the man looked down at Lucas, he only being a few inches taller. Allowing him to try and intimidate, I repeat try.

"You trying to be a wiseass with me, son?" he asked as Lucas shook his head, all while I was getting annoyed with the man, and decided to text Uncle TK that his doorman was giving us a hard time.

"No sir, just want to pass you sir, if you allow us" Lucas spoke but the man wasn't having it. The walked forward, making Lucas back up. He then turned to me, grabbed my arm pulling me to where my brother stood, but he pulled too hard making me exclaim. This automatically set Lucas off and thankfully a voice rang out before anymore damage could be done.

"Carter, what are you doing?!" I looked to see uncle Carlos there holding this man, Carter's shoulder back. Carter turned and looked at Carlos.

"I'm sorry sir but these two hoodlums, are claiming to know you and your husband. I was just about to dispose of the two" he spoke as he went to lay his hands on us but now this time TK came out put his body in between us and this Carter.

"Carter, this is our niece and nephew, so do not lay a hand on them, or else we will call management" Carlos spoke as the man nodded, and he let us through, we then followed them. The lobby was nice and we then walked into the elevator.

"So how've you been?" Carlos spoke as it was a bit awkward but I just looked at TK who smiled at me, he and I have always been close.

"Did you see the latest episode?" I asked him as he nodded and then we started talking about our favorite show, Bridgerton.

"Yes, and I'm sorry but Penelope deserves better, even though they would be cute he is such a red flag in the making" he spoke as I agreed and we got to our floor and Carlos just looked confused. Lucas just nodded, he had watched a few episodes with me and Pepper. We then got to their place and it was nice, little bit modern and chic.

"Your rooms are right there on the left, bathroom is on the right, and yes Mads I got your favorite candy cane scented tree hut body scrub" TK said as he showed us around and I squealed and hugged him, running to my room as they also mentioned that they each decorated our rooms to our preferences.

Madi's Room

Lucas's room

Lucas's room

Then I saw that my boxes were already here and I started to go through them

"I'm sorry about how everything had unfolded" Carlos spoke as I nodded, and took out my trophies, putting it down on one of the dressers.

"Yeah, but what can you do when your brother gets all heated and gets thrown out of the school" I said as I took out my cute outfits I decided to bring with me, one of them being my lucky skirt.

"But New York ain't so bad, though I do miss a good taco like how my mother made" he spoke as I nodded, but then TK comes over.

"Yeah and besides you're with your cool cousin, plus his loving husband" TK spoke as I laughed at the reaction it made on Carlos's face.

So, here's how this goes, TK (Tyler Kennedy) is the son of Owen Strand, who's ex-wife and mother of TK is the sister of my step-father. So, when Lucas was kicked out of school, Robert called his sister to house Lucas and I, but she is away on business. However, TK and Carlos decided to have some vacation time off their jobs at Austin PD and FD. And they are staying in her giant (luxurious) Penthouse. So she has enough space for Lucas and I's need. Hence the library and the court. Plus other fun things. She is a really smart (rich) lawyer.

"C'mon let's order some pizzas and help you unpack, while TK tries to convince me to watch Bridgerton... again" Carlos spoke as TK went to order some pizza and I laughed as TK did go off about how Bridgerton was a good written show. After a while the pizza came, we each got our own pizza pie. Lucas got two pies as that man eats so damn much.

"Also, you guys will be going to John Quincy Adams Middle School, now Madi, you can enroll a grade higher since you have such a high IQ or even go to a private school but that's up to you?" TK said as I munched on my extra cheese with buffalo chicken on top and a drizzle of ranch.

"Ive thwink ife sway if mif gwade" I said as my mouth was full of pizza, and Carlos got disgusted at me and I swallowed my food but my twin already knew what I said.

"She said she thinks she will stay in her grade, also knowing Madi even though she is super smart, she doesn't want to rush through life" he explained as I nodded, and then took another bite of the pizza, New York pizza I have to admit is mighty tastier than Texas.