1: Delicate

Charlotte Sparks

--

The camera shutters as the team swiftly moves across the ice, my focus stays on Ashton as he moves with the puck. Everyone in the stands jumps up with excitement, they all let out screams and clap their hands when Ashton hits the puck into the goal finally ending this game. I pull the camera away from my face as I begin to smile. I make my way over to the exit while the team begin to skate off the ice.

"You won!" I gasp as Luke picks me up and spins me around before placing me back down. 

"How'd I go baby?" He removes his helmet and shakes his head, I cover my face so i'm not hit with the sweat coming off his hair. 

"You were amazing" I press a kiss to his lips, I feel him smiling. "Now go get this all off, we have places to be".

"I love you" he sings the words before stepping away from me.

"I love you too" I shout it back, he turns and gives me his prettiest smile before continuing to follow his team.

Usually i'd go back there and grab some post game shots but i've been banned from doing that ever since Luke started a fight with one of the other guys for staring at me too long. So I just make my way outside to Lukes car. When I get there I notice a group of guys from the other team hanging around someone's car. I ignore them as I walk by, but they don't ignore me.

"Hey!" One of them shout, I don't bother looking over. If Luke sees them talking to me he won't react well. "Charlotte!"

"How do you know my name?" My neck snaps as I turn to look at them. "Oh Michael!".

"Yea it's me, Michael" he laughs as he steps closer to me. "How are you cousin?" 

"I'm good" I give him a small hug. "I didn't know you changed teams, i'm so sorry".

"Yea dad wasn't liking my old team, so I swapped to this one" he huffs before continuing. "I'm sure you've heard all about Calum Hood, right?"

Calum Hood. Anyone in the ice hockey world has heard that name, and no one i've met actually likes him. No one knows how or why he's still playing, it just seems like he hates the game. He does anything he can to not play, and when he is playing he doesn't play nice. I have a vivid memory of younger Michael crying about his team mate who wasn't a team player at all. 

"Who hasn't heard of him?" Luke throws his arms around my shoulder as he speaks. "How are you Michael?"

"I've been better" Michael chuckles. "Congrats on the win today".

"Thank you" Luke gives him a satisfied smile. "You ready to go babe?"

"Yea" I smile cheerfully. "I'll see you next weekend Michael" I wave at him as Luke and I walk away to his car. 

"What's on next weekend?" Luke questions as I shut the car door. 

"It's Freya's first birthday" I pause, "did I forget to tell you?"

"Oh no you didn't. I just got my days mixed up" Luke leans over and presses his lips to mine before starting the car. 

Our playlist plays loudly as we drive away, Luke is singing along to every word and i'm quietly sitting just enjoying my time with him. We've been together for two years now, i've never been happier. Luke asked me to be his official girlfriend right after we graduated high school, I obviously said yes. But we already had history before that, we would sneak away from friends at parties to 'hang out' in the bathrooms. There was even a few times we hid in the school bathrooms when we were meant to be in class. I can't remember exactly how we became friends in the first place, he wasn't ever meant to like me. Back then Luke had a friend that was always asking me out, but I rejected him every time. During that time I would do anything to avoid Luke and his friends just so I wouldn't have to reject anyone. 

Then we were at a party together. We ran into each other as he was exiting the bathroom, and I mean we literally ran into each other. My nose started bleeding after it hit his chest, so he pulled me into the bathroom to clean me up. My drunk self decided that was the perfect time to kiss him. He immediately pushed me away and that really hurt me. But then the next day I received a message from an unknown number asking if he could have a second chance. So at the next party we organised to meet in the back garden, since then we've been Charlotte and Luke. 

Our friends labelled us as the couple that will never break up, I hope that's true. At this point I really can't imagine not being with Luke. He's become my everything in the past two years, I can already see our future together. I just hope he agrees with me.

"What was Michael saying about Calum Hood?" Luke wraps his arm around my waist as we walk into his apartment. 

"Oh, I think he just said he left his old team because Calum was causing some issues" I fall onto his bed. I hold my hand out for him and when he grabs it I pull him down to lay next to me. "Why?"

"Hmm just wondering" I watch as he shuts his eyes while resting his head on my chest. His arms snake around me while I play with his hair. "I think we're going against his team soon".

"Oh?" I wait for him to continue talking. 

"Yea, Coach mentioned a difficult game coming up. Can't remember who he said, i'm just assuming it'd be Hoods team though" he sighs. "Do you think your photos turned out good today?"

"I really hope so" I groan, "I don't want to think about it".

When he doesn't respond I just assume he fell asleep. So I reach over to grab the remote to watch a show until I eventually fall asleep too. My hands are still running through his hair, and his arms are still wrapped around me. I can't imagine anywhere being better than this. 

--

helloooo :)

welcome to my new fic!! 

ive been wanting to write a calum fic for a while now hehe 

i hope you all enjoy it :)

ill try update it as much as i can <3