She looks also to me smiling. Charles squeezes my hand to show me to answer this one.

E: Thank you, we're very happy.

Sky: There were already rumors before your marriage, that you mind be pregnant. Also your baby bump is very big already. Everyone is asking when is your due date?

E: Well every baby bump is different. We're very lucky to be able to let our family grow this quickly.

I look to Charles. We have to do everything to keep everything safe and sound. The rumors were there but Dad doesn't want a scandal or more rumors that this is a staged marriage. We love us, we want us, we want the baby.

C: Yes, we can't wait to meet our baby in March.

Chris: Okay, that's it. The time is done.

He comes between us. We thank the reporter and leave.

C: I didn't know, this would be so hard.

Chris: You did good.

E: Except the fact, that you just told them my real due date.

I look at Charles. He gives me a shocked glance not knowing what just happened.

C: What did I say?

E: March.

I get teary eyes. What is Dad going to do now again? We wanted to tell them, it's coming in May, but at the end it's coming earlier in April. So we only need to keep it safe for one month. Charles gets frustrated. He kicks his feet against a wall.

C: I'm so sorry, baby. I'm sorry. I messed up. I forgot. I was too excited. Sorry!

E: I need time for myself now, sorry.

I don't want to put the pressure I have on him. I don't want to bother him before the race. I need to leave the situation to not make it worse.

C: Elisabeth!!

I can hear him calling after me but also how Chris tells him not to fight in public. I want to protect Charles now.

CHARLES POV

Chris: Stop, you can't fight now. Let's think about how we deal with it now.

C: How Chris? What should I do? George will kill
me.

Chris: I don't know, it's gonna be too obvious if we tell them the baby came earlier. They all expect the baby in March. You married in October. That's 3 months too early. We can't deny it anymore.

C: Can't we just tell them the truth? We're married now. The baby will be royal.

Chris: But it will still be a scandal. That's up to you. You should talk to the king.

It was just a matter of time that our secret and biggest lie of our life would blow up. And it was obvious I would be the reason for it.

C: I have practice now. I don't know Chris.

I'm torn about what to do. This weekend is so important to me but I need Elisabeth Dad to be on my side. I made a mistake and I need to make it up again.

E: I'll call Dad.

I turn around and see Elisabeth standing behind me. I hug her, happy she already came back.

C: I'm gonna do it. I'll cancel the practice.

E: Hey. We said we're in the together. Let me do the call and you go and do your practice.

C: I'm so sorry.

I put my hand on her cheek. She leans into it and sighs. She's scared. I can tell in her eyes. Because of me. Again.

E: You're working too much, Cha. You need to take care of yourself.

I sigh. She's right. But if someone would've tell me at the beginning of the year, that I'm a married guy and dad to be, I would've laugh. Now I'm here. Happy, excited but stressed. I kiss Elisabeth.

C: You're the best person on earth.

She smiles softly, but I know it's fake. She pretending everything is okay, but what I did will never be okay. I fucked up. I made mistakes and this way too often.

**************

Thanks for over 50k reads!! So happy. ❤️

How will King George react to this?