𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

She froze when the saw the barrel of a gun pointed right at her. One of the 100 — she believed his name was Dax — was pointing a gun at her while Bellamy and Clarke stood a couple of yards away. Clarke told him, "Put it down, Dax."

"Should've stayed down there, Clarke, Ivy," Dax informed them, and the gun shifted to face Bellamy. "I tried not to kill you two, but here you are, and Shumway said no witnesses."

"What is he talking about, Bellamy?" the Bishop girl asked, and she was still so confused. What witnesses? What the hell was happening? She judged that Bellamy was the target, based on what Dax said and how his gun was pointed straight at the man.

Bellamy sighed, running a hand through his hair like he was about to say something that he really did not want to reveal as he answered, "Shumway set it up. He gave me the gun to shoot the Chancellor."

"Walk away now, and I won't kill you," Dax told Clarke and Ivy, gesturing for them to get a move on. He raised his eyebrows in a way that told them that if they told anyone about what was happening, then there would be consequences.

Neither of the girls budged. What kind of person would just leave someone to die? Especially when that person was kind of essential to the survival of their community. "Put it down."

"Your choice," he sighed, and CLarke lifted her gun and pulled the trigger. Unfortunately for them, her gun misfired, but Dax's did not. They all dove out of the way as he fired a couple of rounds.

Ivy lunged at the boy while Clarke hid behind a tree to reload and Bellamy covered her. She grabbed the gun and tried to get it away from him, but that just ended up pulling him towards her, which kind of worked since he stumbled and she was able to sweep her leg under his foot. He fell to the ground and hit his head, and he released the weapon. She turned around, ready to throw the gun to Clarke when Bellamy yelled, "Ivy, watch out!"

Ivy did not have a second to think before an arm grabbed her shoulder, spinning her around. Dax's fist collided with her face and she stumbled backward before tripping on a rock and falling. A sharp pain shot through her side as it collided with the hard ground. She groaned as she looked up to see Dax stalking toward her.

She was ready to fight for her life until Bellamy came up behind him with the bullet that he had shot earlier. The Blake boy plunged the bullet into Dax's neck, and the boy coughed and sputtered, grabbing his throat until he fell to the ground, dead. Clarke grabbed Ivy by her arms and dragged her all the way to the tree where she had been hiding to reload her gun that never worked.

"Are you okay?" the Griffin girl asked the blonde girl, and Ivy just answered by lifting up her shirt to reveal a dark purple bruise forming all down her side and about halfway across her stomach. There were cuts along it too, and blood was dripping down toward the waistband of her pants. Her shirt was already stained red. "Ooh, that doesn't look good. I'll look at it more when we get back to camp and bandage it up."

Bellamy took a deep breath, staring blankly at the ground after he made sure that the Bishop girl was going to be okay. He felt guilty for what happened to her since Dax had been trying to kill him. "My mother...she knew what I've done, who I am. She raised me to be better, to be good."

"Bellamy—" Clarke started.

He cut her off with a shake of his head as he leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands. "And all I do is hurt people. I'm a monster."

"Hey..." Ivy started, wincing as she turned to face him. She hesitantly put her hand over his. He seemed shocked by the gesture, but he did not move away from her. "You have saved my life today. You may be a total ass half the time, but I need you. We all need you. None of us would've survived this place if it wasn't for you."