Chapter 16: The Three Of Us

Start from the beginning

(Flashback)

The Pizzaplex closes its doors for the night. I make my way to Rockstar Row, heading to Monty’s room. I knock on the door to Monty’s green room. “Enter,” Monty's rough voice calls from inside. I open the door and walk in. “Oh, Bonnie, it’s you. Do ya need somethin’?” Monty asks. “I- uhm I-” I hesitate, my ears slightly drooping to the sides. “Well? Spit it out Bonnie, I don’t got all day,” Monty demands. “Uhhm, I- uhh, I- I came to talk to you a- about something…” I stumble over my words nervously. Monty repeatedly taps his tail on the floor impatiently. “M- Monty, I-” I take a deep breath, “Monty, I like you, and- and I have for a while now and-” Monty cuts me off when he suddenly stands up from his couch, startling me. He moves in front of me and takes off his sunglasses, his eyes widening. A flame of anger seems to flicker within his magenta eyes.
“‘Scuse me?” Monty growls. “I said, I like you, Mont,” I repeat. Monty lumbers closer to me. My ears lay back as he gets even closer. Monty snarls in my face. “And what makes you think I would ever love a pathetic little bunny like you,” He growls. “It’s just, you’re alway so kind to me,” I start. Monty snorts in my face, making me even more nervous. “I- I- I don’t know. I- I just thought that- that maybe-” I stutter, regretting my decision to confess to Monty. I get cut off again with a hard slap to my face. “You just thought what?! That I like ya just cause I’m friendly to ya?! I’m only nice cause I have ta be. Why do ya think I’m always tryin’ ta avoid ya? I FUCKIN HATE YA! No one and I repeat, no one could ever love such a worthless heap of scrap metal like you! Now get outta my sight Cottontail, before I have ta get… VIOLENT…!” Monty roars. I just stand there, not moving at all. A stunned, heartbroken, look is plastered across my face. “GET OUT! NOW!” Monty screams. He lunges at me, scratching my back as I try to run out of the room, his long claws leaving deep, painfull, gashes going diagonally down my back.
He chases me out of his room and down the hall, scratching me several more times before I manage to escape his wrath. I run off to a hidden corner near the daycare. I fall to the floor, bringing my legs to my chest. I bury my head in my knees, sobbing endlessly.
The door to the daycare opens and Sun steps out, looking worried. “Bon? Is that you?” Sun asks, searching for me. “Hey Bon, are you-?” Sun spots me hiding in the corner. “OH MY STARS! Bonnie! Are you ok?!” Sun yelps, rushing to my side. He crouches down next to me and places a gentle hand on my shoulder. I look up at him, my eyes glossy with tears. Sun pulls me into a hug. I bury my face in his neck and just cry. “It’s ok, I’m here for you Bon-Bon, I’m here,” Sun says in a calming tone, gently rubbing my back as I continue to cry, “Let it all out. Everything’s gonna be ok…”

(End flashback)

I jerk, suddenly startled from my thoughts when I feel a hand on my shoulder, yanking me back to reality. “Woah! Bonnie, you ok? You’ve been staring into the void for like 20 minutes,” Moon’s voice fades into existence. I blink a few times. “What? Oh, yeah, yeah I’m fine. Just spaced out for a moment,” I mumble distantly. I continue to clean the floor, not really paying any attention as I once again become lost in my own thoughts.
When Sun found me after what happened with Monty, I guess is when our relationship began growing more and more. Until finally, after almost 2 years, I had finally worked up the courage to talk to Sun about my feelings. But as per usual, Monty ruined things when he raped Sun. But now, I have another chance. Although… there’s a much higher risk of rejection this time since Sun is already with Moon… NO! You need to stop making excuses and just go talk to them! After all this time, you finally have another chance and you are NOT gonna miss it. Not this time!
I make up my mind and decide to talk to Sun and Moon about my feelings. I turn to face Sun and open my mouth, ready to speak. But when I turn, I see Moon whispering something to Sun that makes him giggle. Moon then runs up to his room with Sun following close behind. Oh… Well, I guess I can plan what I’m going to say to them.