Chapter 14: Surprise

(Time skip to the end of the next day)

Sun's POV

"Moon! C'mon, we need to hurry up and finish cleaning the daycare. It's almost time for Chica's birthday party and we still need to finish cleaning, putting up the decorations, and setting up the party games!" I panic, as I try to rush to get everything in order. "Ok ok, Sunny, I'll try, but it would go much faster if you didn't insist on having Bonnie distract Chica while we set things up. I would go much quicker if he was here helping us," Moon explains, sounding slightly annoyed.

A few minutes go by and I hear a knock at the door. I open it to find officer Sora standing on the other side. "Oh! Hello Sora, what a nice surprise. What brings you to the daycare this evening?" I ask happily, pulling her into a quick hug. "Well, I was about to leave for the night when I ran into Roxy. Like literally ran into her," Sora explains, rubbing her lightly bruised forehead. "Oh no! Are you ok?" I ask with concern. I move her hand out of the way so I can check her injuries. "Yes Sun, I'm fine," she reassures me, brushing my hand away. "Well anyways, Roxy told me that you all were having a party for Chica's birthday. Roxy told me that I should stay and join the fun. I told her that I'd love to, then she said that the party will be in the daycare. So, I came here," Sora finishes.

"That's great! We'd love for you to join!" Moon calls from somewhere behind me. "Since you're here so early, would you mind helping us get things ready for the party?" I ask. "Sure, I don't mind," Sora responds. She grabs some party streamers from our box of supplies and begins putting them up all around the daycare.

Soon, everything was ready and it looked perfect. "Oh wow Sora! You did such an amazing job with those streamers!" I say, gleefully compliment her handywork. "And you can practically eat off this floor with how well you cleaned it!" Moon adds. "But- but please don't actually eat off the floor. You could get sick, or- or ingest some sort of nasty virus and- and have to go to the hospital!" I say, panicking slightly, worried that someone might actually try to eat off the floor. Sora smiles and laughs while Moon giggles from behind me. I stand there, confused. "Oh Sunny, heh heh heh! It's just an expression, I'm sure she wasn't actually gonna eat off the floor, heh heh," Moon laughs. Wait... what? But Moon doesn't like to call me Sunny in front of the staff. He's never done that before because he doesn't want the staff to find out about our relationship. So... he must really trust Sora. I mean, she did help rebuild him after all.

About 5 minutes later, Freddy arrives with Gregory. "Hey Sun, hey Moon, hey Sora," Freddy greets us, looking around at the decorations. "Wow! You guys did a great job decorating the place," Freddy observes. "Thanks, but it wasn't just us, Sora helped too," Moon points out. Sora gives a shy smile. Roxy arrives next. "Hey guys! Who's ready to get waisted!" Roxy shouts enthusiastically, making us all laugh. (Yes, the animatronics can get drunk and yes, there are alcoholic drinks at the party). We chat with each other for a bit until Bonnie rushes in. "Everybody hide!" Bonnie shouts urgently, "Chica's coming!"

We all scatter to find hiding spots. Bonnie quickly turns off the lights and jumps into one of the large toy boxes. Moon takes to the sky on his bungee cord, hiding up in the catwalks. Gregory hides in a closet with Freddy. Roxy swiftly crawls inside one of the play structures. I dive into the ballpit and bury myself in the balls, just in time before Chica walks in. She turns on the lights. "SURPRISE!!!" we all shout in unison, jumping out from our hiding spots, "Happy Birthday Chica!"

"Ohhh you guuyyysss!" Chica squeals in excitement. "A surprise party! You shouldn't have!" she says happily. Chica runs over, giving each of us a big hug. The party begins and Roxy immediately rushes over to the alcohol and grabs a bottle of wine. We all start playing some party games like pin the tail on the donkey, drawing contests, karaoke, and marko-polo. I try to play with Gregory a few times, but he seems to be avoiding Moon and I. Hmm... I wonder what that's about. Did we do something wrong? I sure hope not.

After about an hour of chatting and playing games, DJ MM bursts through the door, holding the biggest pizza any of us have ever seen. "Oh my gosh!" Chica shouts. "Hello everyone, sorry I'm late. I had to finish making the giant pizza!" DJ hypes. He sets the pizza down on a table. But the pizza is so big that it just barely fits on top of it. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot the cake," DJ says, running back to the kitchen. He comes back a few moments later holding a massive, 7 layer cake. Chica's eyes widen and sparkle when she sees it. "Alright everyone, I guess it's time for pizza and cake and gifts!" I shout.

AN: This is mostly just a filler chapter, cuz I needed to set the scene and have a reason for them to be playing party games and drinking alcohol, so I can make the next chapter really funny and exciting, so it's kinda short. Hope you are enjoying the story and as always, happy reading!

946 words