Chapter 5: Secrets Revealed

Moondrop’s POV

Once I arrive back at the daycare, I see Sundrop go into the bathroom to wash what looks like paint and glitter glue off his hands. I quickly and quietly follow him in, but when Sundrop sees me enter the bathroom, he tries to hurry up and leave. But I wasn’t gonna let that happen. So without thinking, I rush over to Sundrop, and pin him against the wall with his hands above his head. It was almost like something or someone else was controlling my body.
Sun panics, “M-Moon! Wha-what are yo-?!” I cut him off. “Now, you’re gonna tell me what the hell is up with you acting all weird and avoiding me for half a month!” I demand. Sundrop looked at me, his eyes widened. His sunrays retracted a bit, letting me know he was scarred. But I didn’t care and I growl in anger. The expression on Sundrop’s face turns to pure fear and his sunrays retract even further. “You and I BOTH KNOW that something is wrong, so just tell me now and get it over with!” I hissed.
I look at Sundrop’s terrified face, he had tears welling up in his eyes. It snaps me back into reality, helping me regain my composure and my control over my body. I realize what I was doing and immediately back up and release Sundrop, who slid down the wall and curled into a terrified ball on the floor. He was crying now, tears streaming down his face.
I crouch down next to him and put my hand on his back, wanting to comfort him, but he flinches and pushes my hand away. “SUN, I’M SOO SORRY! I wasn’t in control of myself, whatever I did, if I hurt you I didn’t mean to…” I say in a panic as I begin to tear up as well. I can’t believe I did that, to Sun, the guy I like. Wait… the guy I like, I think to myself. So what, maybe I do like him, but there’s no way Sun will ever like me back now. I thought.
By now I was crying too, “I-I’m so sorry… I’ll leave you alone now, Sun, but I just want you to know that I never wanted to hurt you,” I say, standing up and wiping the tears from my eyes. I start towards the door. “No… pl-please don’t g-go…” Sundrop says through broken sobs. I walk back over to Sundrop and sit down next to him. He looks up at me, seeing that I was crying as well and slowly sat up.
“At-At least you stopped yourself before you did something actually bad…” Sundrop mumbled quietly. He was staring down at the floor, and his quick breathing was shallow and shaky. Almost as if he was having a flashback about something traumatizing. I hesitantly pull him over to me, and to my surprise Sundrop leans into my chest, while I rub soft circles on his back.
“Words can’t describe how horrible I feel for hurting you like that. I’ll NEVER do it again, I swear, I swear on all the stars in the sky,” I say, hoping Sundrop knows I mean it. We stayed In this position for a little while longer. “Sun, I’ll be right back, I’m going to help with pick up time, so you don’t have to, ok. I know you don’t want the children to see you like this,” I say. Sun nods and I get up and leave the bathroom.

(Time skip to after pick up is over)

Sundrop’s POV

Moon came back into the bathroom after a while. He walked over to me, bent down, and picked me up bridal style. He carried me over to one of the bungee cords and attached it to himself. He tugged on the cord twice and it lifted us up to the balcony. Moon landed gracefully on the balcony and detached the bungee cord from his loop. Moondrop continues to carry me to my room, and gently lays me in the bed. He sat there on the bed with me trying to comfort me. It was working. “H-Hey Moon, c-can I tell you something? It’s kind of important.” I ask hesitantly. “Of course Sun, you can tell me anything,” he answers calmly.
“About 2 years ago I was hanging out with Monty at Gator Golf. But I must have said or done something that made him mad at me because one minute we're laughing at how bad I am at golfing, and then the next, Monty had grabbed my arm and dragged me to some hidden area.” My Eyes begin to fill with tears as I went on. “He-He tore off my arms so I couldn’t defend myself, then Monty broke off most of my sunrays, It hurt so bad.” A few tears roll down my face. “He pi-pinned me to the ground. He-He ra-raped me Moon.” Tears were now streaming from my eyes. “He raped me until I was coughing up oil (they have oil instead of blood since they’re animatronics), I felt like I was just minutes away from dieing and if Freddy and Chica hadn’t heard my screams and come to find me, and drag Monty off of me, I-I really would have d-died,” I say, crying. “I’m-I’m sorry, I-I can’t go on- I just can’t-...” I sob.
“Hey hey, It’s ok Sunny, I’m here,” Moon says, pulling me into a hug. He-he called me s- ✨Sunny✨. “I've been scared to go into any closed space with only one other person, that is… until I met you Moon. I really like you Moon, I-I have since the moment I first saw you, I’ve been avoiding you because I didn’t think you liked me back, and I didn’t want to mess it up and say something stupid to ruin what we already had. Moon… I- I love you,” I confess, pouring my feelings out to Moondrop, “It’s ok if you don’t feel the same, I-I just- I just wanted you to know…” I say, unsure what Moondrop’s response would be. Moondrop lets a small smile creep over his face.“I-I thought I was the only one who felt this way. That’s why I was so worried that you were ignoring me, I love you too Sun…,” Moondrop spoke after a while. “You- you do?” I ask. “Yes,” Moondrop replies, “and I’m tired of pretending I don’t.”
The next few minutes were a blur, but I do remember Moondrop asked me to be his boyfriend. I happily agreed, but asked him if we could keep it secret for now. Moondrop said that he would, then gave me a kiss on my forehead before getting up to leave. “No… please stay… I don’t want to be alone,” I whisper, turning on my side to face him, as Moondrop reaches the door. “Ok, I’ll stay with you,” He replied quietly, walking back over to my bed and climbing in behind me. He puts his arm over me and pulls me close, “I love you Sundrop, I always will,” I hear Moondrop whisper into my ear. “I love you to Moony…,” I mumble as I drift off to sleep.

Geez that was a long one 1231 words