Biana

"Uh, Soph?" Marella said, poking her head over one of the many mountains of paper files in the dingy office everyone was in.

Turns out, Sophie HAD just called the girls over to help her do chores or, at least, that was what Sophie called it. Those 'chores' were really Sophie's punishment for sneaking out a few days ago which, for some reason, Sophie dragged her friends into doing with her.

"Mm-hmm?" Sophie called back, still looking at one of the papers she was sorting out. "How long is this exactly going to take?" Sophie frowned. "Bout a few weeks," Everyone glared at Sophie. " Aaand, I am soooo grateful for my AMAZING friends who have volunteered to help me with this!" Sophie said quickly, grinning a cheesy smile that no one returned. "Uh, last I checked, NO ONE volunteered for this," Linh said, placing a hand on her hip and raising an eyebrow. "Honestly, you're spending too much time around Biana - she's rubbing off on you," Marella grumbled. Biana looked at her and dramatically flipped her hair, "And that's a problem because?" (nonono there's no problem Biana marry me 😍)  Linh giggled as Marella rolled her eyes and mumbled something about 'overly dramatic people'. Biana had no idea who she could be talking about. (I wonder...)

Sophie laughed softly to herself and went back to the papers she was rearranging. Biana caught Sophie's eyes widening out of the corner of her eye. "Sophie? What's wrong?" Sophie either couldn't hear her or pretended she couldn't because she kept on reading through the file like her life depended on it. Sweat started to bead her brow. Ok, now Biana was definitely a worried.

Marella and Linh seemed to notice too because they both walked closer. "Sophie," Linh said softly, "What's wrong?" Linh started to reach out a comforting hand to touch Sophie's shoulder but Sophie retracted back. She started to breathe heavily and looked at the girls with wild, panicked eyes. When she studied their faces, her face changed - not exactly relaxed, but still not terrified. "Sophie what is it?" Biana said, voice laced with concern. Sophie opened her mouth to say something but changed it at the last second, "N-nothing. Um, I've kept you guys here long enough. You guys can go, no big deal,"

No big deal? Sophie looked like she just had a panic attack! How is it no big deal! Biana and Marella were about to say something when Linh put one hand on either of their arms. Leave it, the look she gave them seemed to say, She'll tell us when she's ready - she just needs space for now. Biana and Marella reluctantly closed their mouths and said their goodbyes. This didn't help Biana though, she was worried for her best friend...

———————————————————————————

The next day, Biana noticed Dex looked... less than ok. He had a SEVERE case of bed head and dark circles under his eyes. He seemed in a daze when Biana asked, "You ok?" when they sat down for their science class. "Hmm? Oh, yeah, I'm fine,"

Biana wasn't convinced. Great, now, not only were two of Biana's friends definitely NOT ok, they were also lying about it. Well, at least Dex was actually AT school - Sophie hadn't made an appearance at all that day.

"Dex, tell me what's wrong," Biana demanded - she wasn't going to let another one of her friends shut (when I typed this, it accidentally said sh!t lmaooo) her out. He glanced at her. She glared back. He was about to open his mouth to say something when the bell went. Dex dashed out the classroom like his life depended on it, because it may very well have did. (lol don't get on Biana's bad side) Biana glanced up at the bell. "You're supposed to save me, not other people," Biana grumbled and went off down the hall to find Dex.

So, please don't get mad at me for putting that little freak out in there. I mean, it can't really be a KOTLC fanfic without having Sophie have a panic attack at least once, right? Anyway, to make up for that, I have another quote!

Behold, the god's chosen beverage! Tremble before the HORROR of Diet Coke!

~Percy Jackson - Heroes of Olympus

Yes, Percy, I'm practically shaking in my boots from the utter hOrRoR that is Diet Coke. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this part (sorry - it was a bit short) as much as I did.

Bye for now ;)

~EmeraldHearts42