Ganymede, the dwarf planet part 2

The two dwarf planets had foundinsulting each other for a few thousand years now. Yet, it wasn't toolong ago where Ganymede wasn't there with Ceres. Looking at the smallasteroids to put in place, it brought an intrinsic fear into himunfound in anything else. He was made of the very space debris aswhat he was pulling into orbit. Or the other planetoids in thisregion that didn't seem to be alive, any movement even in their coresgone cold. In

„Ganymeeede!"

He was hardly done with all the workCeres should have actually done. Nevertheless he did float to theblue dwarf planet, only to tell him what's what, only to see him in amix of amazement and horror.

„Look, those two asteroids are...screaming! Like little planet embryos!"

He turned to where Ceres was looking,and indeed, those two asteroids in the distance, headed in thedirection of the nearest planet were screaming, one orbiting theother. In a way, he felt even worse in having to put the asteroids inplace when he then knew they could just come to life. What if theywould attack him?

„What the..."

„It's beautiful, ain't it?"

Ceres instinctually came nearer andnearer to the edge of the asteroid belt to take a good look at thetwo, while Ganymede stayed in place, looking at the one lone asteroidin his orbit in disbelief.

„It's two corpses come to life! Howin the starfuckin' galaxy is this beautiful? Shouldn't we be afraidit would be out to get us!?"

Throwing the dead asteroid at Ceres, heswiftly put it into orbit. He might be smaller than him, hut theunforgiving glare cut him in the core as if he was a water planet.

„Ganymede. Chill out for just asecond. This thing's been happening for quite some time now. Also,calling the dead corpses and flinging them as projectiles will pissthem off way harder than cleaning them up a little."

That shrill exclamation did not easehim at all. He knew that the larger planetoids were alive once.Pallas, Juno and Ceres best childhood friend, Vestas bodies werespread all throughout the asteroid belt, and those were just the onesthe Sun deemed important enough to give them a name.

But still, with every asteroid having apotential conscience, Ganymede had dreaded the dangers comparable tothe that of the Kuiper Belt, but even creepier. That bastard of alone ice dwarf! This place was an undead cemetery and that dwarfplanet, the closest thing to a friend did not tell him about it!?

„Chill out!? You didn't tell meanything about the small asteroids capable of coming for our cores!No wonder even the hotties wouldn't want them anywhere near!"

„Trust me, I did that once, and thatasteroid came to life. He wouldn't stop bugging me til' his orbitaround the giant finally stabilized."

„Oh fuckin space debris... I stilldon't wanna watch them, "

„Are you scared the asteroids nearyou will come to life and idk, crash into you?"

His grin grew devious, just toaggrevate Ganymede even more into charging towards him when hequickly moved down. Sharply being missed. Before long, Ganymede,blinded by the rage that Ceres would tease him at a fear he justrevealed had found no asteroids in front of him, or above him, orbelow him.

He had left the inner edge of theasteroid belt.

The two asteroids were still on theirmerry way to the red planet, only one of them screaming in a wobblyorbit around the darker, bigger one. He could see a sort of doubleplanet system, the big icy planet and his rocky, oversized slave.That gave him all the reason he needed to never approach the innersolar system again. May those asteroids fall into that planet, atleast they wouldn't live in as much of a humiliating way as the moonshe knew.

Only then did he realize that his icysurface started to crackle, just enough for him to rush back out intothe belt. Right into the snow line, where his volatile surface –and with it his size – were preserved. The crackling stopped aftera short while. Good. At the very least he was there where novolatiles that could get blown away by the Sun's mere presence. Witha last „Ceres!" he's lost the will to even fight him anymore, asthe stress made him a tad bit tired...a tad bit tired... a tad bittired...

He fell asleep, not noticing that hewas drifting away.

A/N: I kind of wanted to expand a little on the asteroid belt before throwing him into a whole system lolololol