the new familiar • nadja & laszlo

summary: in which you're a college student in deep need of funds gets an..interesting job offer from a family friend

a/n: can be taken off as platonic/romantic,
kind of  inspired by that episode with jenna from season one

...

Taking a deep breath, you smoothed your clothes down for the 92827282th time. One of your hands rise to the dark coloured doors yet it quickly got pulled back by hesitation.

Of course you're dang nervous about all of this, you don't even know what any of this is! what the actual fuck is a familiar?!? what do they do?! aren't familiars for animals?? are you going to be turned into a cat by some old grimy green witch??

Scratching your hair frustated, you've decided last second that this is a bad idea and turned your body the other way when the door suddenly opened

"Hey! Y/n! you've came early" a strangled smile creeped its way to your face as you were met to a familiar face..

"Guillermo!! Of course! Eager for the job am i right" you yelped in a forced tone, you prayed to every god up there that Guillermo wouldnt notice,

Which he didn't.

"That's great! Oh! I'm so glad you're here, come in" he motioned for you to come in, which you did. You took in the interior and the atmosphere of the house, outside a haunted house inside also a haunted house.

You are totally getting that cat transformation.

"So, how have you been? How's youre studies been going?" Guillermo asked, that damned welcoming smile of his would always take you in

"Been good! All is good, just needed some extra cash for the next semester though.. so sorry for coming to you in short notice"

"No! No! It's fine, i get it. Besides it can be lonely sometimes in here, i wont mind some company" looking at the empty house, a question lingered on your mind from the past hour.. you decided to finally ask him the question.

"ehem, yeah.. about that, i don't really understand what you do here? I mean- no off-"

As you were asking Guillermo about your question a bat suddenly flew infront of you, then another one. In a blink of an eye the bats disappeared and turned to a form you know as a human, but the way they barred their teeth and the pale pale skin they have you don't even think theyre close to human.

"Well hello~ who is this, Guillermo?" That accent, you're not familiar where it's from but goddamn that's fucking attractive. By the looks of it the woman who owned the voice does nit look bad herself.

"Have you finally gotten yourself a girlfriend? Congratulations you old chap, never thought you would make it" the man beside her took Guillermo in a handshake and pat him on the shoulder with a little too much force.

Guillermo was quick to decline as he scrambled "No- no! N- Nadja and Laszlo.. this is y/n! your new...familiar" you could feel the curiousity that sits underneath the stares of the two who you now confirmed to yourself vampires.

The silence was loud as your hands started to feel sweaty, with some unknown courage and the need for this to be over you shakily stretched out your hands and introduced yourself

"Nadja and Laszlo.. right? I'm y/n- nice to meet you" silence was followed til suddenly a squeal left Nadja's mouth

"Look at you! All mannered up" Nadja cooed, as a chuckle left Laszlo's mouth. Surprised by the reply you got you glanced at Guillermo who gave you a pitied look, he was about to say something when Nadja interrupted

"Oh Guillermo! Where did you found them? Where did you found such a polite and sweet baby" Nadja cooed, her hands on both of your cheeks as she pressed then stretched them out

"I- i'm turning twenty-two next month-" Nadja gasped "Twenty two?!? Such a young, young sweet baby! Oh! Guillermo, are you sure they're gonna be working for us as a familiar?"

Before Guillermo can reply, Laszlo race him to it and groaned "Right, can't let the boy do anything right"

Nadja then replied again gripping you softly yet firm by the shoulder "Well, you're staying"

"I-" you tried to reason

"Uh- uhh uhh- shush deary, you're our familiar now! You only listen to me and my darling from now on"

You were lost at words as Nadja turned to Guillermo "Now, Gizmo clear one of the rooms beside ours for our new lovely familiar to stay in!" Nadja ushered Guillermo away as she took one of your hands

"Ahh! I can't wait to show you off to Nandor, always so smug for having Gizmo around.. but now we have you!" Nadja said as she took you away by the hand leading you deeper into the house with Laszlo trailing after you.

A lesson for another lifetime: Be sure of what you're going into, you never know when a vampire is lingering around the corner waiting to claim you as theirs.

A/n 2.0: a bit short i know! this is about as much work i can give you.. sorry not sorry!! tell me if u want a pt2 of this!