midnight conversations • guillermo

summary: as a being who lived life for way too long sleeping hasnt been your priority for a long time..

(gn!reader / can be taken as platonic or romantic)

...

Moonlight sparkled its way to your face as you watched the night sky, well not night but midnight. Not many stars appeared like it used to, but theres still some to marvel at up there.

Your body's relaxed, there's nothing on your mind right now. You know you should be in your coffin right now, but you can't tell whats the point anymore. Lately you haven't been able to get good rest and you could never understand why. It doesnt take you by surprise as this has always happened even before your vampire days. Growing from it you learn to start appreciating the night even more.

"Oh- you're still awake" all that was heard is nothing but silence from you

You know he's not giving up as footsteps started getting closer and closer, all soft to not disturb the night.

"It'll be morning soon, It's best if you sleep now"

Not taking your eyes from the window you replied calmly "With all due respect Guillermo, I do not take orders from you and it is not your duty to take care of me, you're Nandor's familiar"

Another sigh came out of him. You know he's trying to not get you burnt as bacon, while you appreciate the gesture nothing's gonna make you move. He knows it.

Guillermo gives in as he took a spot next to you, watching from beside the way the moon shined you face to where your eyes laid.

He knows it's because your sleeping problem, hell it's not uncommon for vampires nor humans. Everyone has been there.

"Nandor and the others often experience these too, i sometimes aswell" Guillermo said, choosing his words wisely. Your eyes slowly took off from the night sky to look at him, studying his appearance you can tell this man is tired. His hair is tattered from him scrunching it up when he's stressed, something you see more than sometimes. You know how obnoxious your housemates are, so you try to never give him a hard time.

Which he noticed and is very thankful of and definitely your housemates also noticed teasing you for being too soft with the familiar, but you know the kind of man Guillermo is he has a dream and he's gonna fucking work for it. You admire his compassion and loyalty, though not only that he has a kind heart. Even though you don't know much about him nor you could read his thoughts you could see his genuine care for all of you.

Taking note of your silence he quickly blurted out "By these i mean not being able to sleep-"

"Yeah? And what did you do" you asked quietly, eyes back to the night sky, your old friend.

"Me? Well for me..i usually read some books, scroll through the internet or just.. lay there thinking about everything to nothing at all. Sometimes i like to think about my family how they would react with me being a vampire, if i ever get to be a vampire" he whispered the last part.

He didnt know why he said that, usually when he talked about getting turned your housemates would laugh at him. Like it was some fairytale that he was saying or as some comedic relief. But you.. you never did.

You silently thought about the right words to give him "Guillermo, I got transformed into a vampire against my own will. I'm not saying you should rethink your decision but know your decision, the things it will cost, the things you'll have to let go and the new you"

You can't see but you know he's watching you, listening to every words you say as he kept quiet, a sign for you to continue "When i got changed... by that stupid ass new vampire!! first off he thought i was a virgin. Rookie mistake! Second, he was gonna feed off of me but guess what?!? Our 1960s Albert Einstein here fucking turned me!" Surprised by the sudden outburst he quickly tried to get you to calm down as you apologized.

"The audacity, there's no way i got to let that slide i fucking killed him two days after my transformation" you said proudly, Guillermo couldn't contain the smile from forming. He's glad to have a normal conversation with you even if any of the things you talked about wasnt normal.

"We're getting a bit off topic here. But Guillermo, i was scared to death i didnt know what to do. I havent met any other vampire and it kills me everytime i slowly learn that i couldnt do certain things anymore. I couldnt go outside to feel the sun without burning myself, i couldnt feel the way my favourite food feels anymore other than vomit and i couldnt wear the necklace my mother gave me. I cried when i realized, that was my last strike"

Guillermo was quiet and you didnt mind, you want him to actually think about it because you cared about him. Vampires or other monsters rarely have the trust to share their experience when they were transforming, how it's like.

Nobody told you this, nobody explained the rules, the step by steps. But you being you, you managed. From the ways you watched Guillermo worked his ass day and night to keep this house together, you know he wants this more than ever. But is life for eternity worth leaving yourself and harm others? Thats something you want to make clear for him and a choice he needs to make.

Taking out your pocket watch, you smiled. It's almost sunrise, you've missed it. Guillermo quickly realized this was what youre waiting for and backed you up, opening your coffin for you.

"No Guillermo, for just a minute enjoy it with me" you said eyes glued back to the now blue coated orange sky, minutes per minutes the sun is slowly making it's grand entrance as you watched with a smile on your face. You could feel the room starting to get warmer and warmer, a clue for you to back down.

Guillermo watched the scene in awe until you were now sleeping peacefully in your coffin, no burns or hisses meaning youre alright. Leaving him in peace as he closed the blinds tight.

Before he leave he made sure everything was alright, a yawn escaping his own mouth as his eyes suddenly glued to your coffin. He should really spend time with you more, especially at midnight.

...

A/N: this is a peace offering for not updating in a while. So sorry for that^^