𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

Start from the beginning

I nudge him with my leg, before he says anything else.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma." Kiara states, shrugging her shoulders. Ignoring what JJ said.

Pope nods, leaning more back into the couch as he clasps his hands together. "Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too." his stated, matter-of-fact.

"We gotta go dark." Pope adds, twirling a piece of my curly hair, his finger rubbing my scalp, soothingly.

I let out a soft sigh.

JJ starts rubbing his hand up and down my leg again, nodding his head slightly. "If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree." JJ seconded.

John b let's out a deep sigh.

Me and JJ glance at him.

"I don't agree." John b says, slowly, walking around the porch.

"What?" I say, turning my head on Popes lap to look at him fully.

"Why?" JJ says, eyeing John b.

John b shakes his head, glancing at all of us, "Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about, alright?" He scrunches his nose.

I nod.

We all exchange glances.

"Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas." He began, throwing his hands up then hitting his sides.

I take my head off Pope and my feet off JJ's lap, sitting in between them as I keep my eyes on John b.

He has a point. A clear one at best.

"We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat, who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all the sudden he's got a Grady white? Just sayin'." He says, pursing  his lips, putting his hands up in defensive.

I nod my head, smiling at him.

Twenty minutes later we are all on the dock close to John B's house. Kie and John B were sat on the fence whilst JJ and Pope were fishing. I was sat next to JJ on the railing, dangling my feet.

"Alright, so think about it, Pope." John b started.

I reached my hand over and ran my fingers through JJ's blond messy hair.

JJ squinted his eyes as he looked up at me, his arms on the railing as he had his finishing pole reeled out.

"How does a marina rat get a Grady White?" John b said, gesturing his hand out for Pope to answer.

Pope inhaled sharply, shaking his head. "Prostitution." He stated, biting his lower lip.

I let out a little laugh, shaking my head as I leaned on JJ.

John b pursed his lips, rolling his eyes, "Square groupers, bro. Okay, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane." John b concluded, gesturing towards the cloudy sky.