Chapter 11: My Last Night Single

Start from the beginning

Adam reached his hand behind him not daring to move his eyes off mine. He handed the blunt to whoever had called his name before bringing his now free hand to softly brush a strand of hair hanging in front of my face, to rest behind my ear.

I shuddered at the sudden touch, my body begging for more. He smirked at my reaction, before silently standing from the circle and extending a hand towards me.

I felt my nose scrunch in excitement, as I took his hand greedily. I flashed a smile in Alison's direction who sat with a stunned smile of excitement, giggling at my behavior while she clapped her hands in amusement.

Adam led me over to a secluded corner of the house. As we approached, he didn't even give me a chance to think before slamming his lips onto mine.

I gasped into his mouth, the suddenness surprising me. But, my arms quickly snaked their way around his neck as I opened my mouth to him, deepening the kiss.

Adam was a damn good kisser. But of course he was; he was Duke's resident playboy. But I didn't care about Adam, all I cared about was satiating this uncontrollable hunger I felt.

I hadn't been touched in so long...

Adams's hands roamed my body freely, moving further and further down my waist until he was squeezing my ass. I felt myself moan into him as I lightly tugged on his hair.

My back pressed against the wall as his tongue slipped into my mouth, aggressively exploring the space. As my hands desperately began to trail down his body we were interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat behind us.

Feeling like we had been caught, we separated immediately before turning to see where the noise had come from. Soberness smacked into me as I laid my eyes upon a very pissed-off Karl, who glared harshly at Adam, not even sparing a glance in my direction.

"Hey man, wait your turn," Adam grumbled, before turning back to try and make out with me once again.

I scoffed at his comment, my lust for him immediately subsiding at his obnoxious attitude, "Ew" I said, pulling my hands away from the man who stood in front of me, disgusted at the language that left his lips.

"Hailey," My attention was returned to the brown-haired boy who was constantly occupying my thoughts, "Can I have a word?"

I rolled my eyes at him, incredibly annoyed that Karl ruined a perfectly decent hookup, "I was kinda in the middle of something Karl" I said tightly.

I watched his jaw clench harder as he hissed, "It's important" Through gritted teeth.

I would never admit to it, but after the words that left Adam's mouth, I was glad to escape his presence. Yet I could still feel the persistent annoyance coursing through my veins knowing that Karl had ruined my best chance of getting laid tonight.

I swept my gaze back towards Adam, as I bit my lip and pasted a fake look of innocence across my features, "Maybe I'll catch you later?" I flirted like I was some blushing schoolgirl.

Adam's gaze flicked across my body before he smirked, "I'll be waiting"

I let out a fake giggle, as I sauntered towards Karl. Karl's unimpressed stare met mine as he patiently waited for me to join him. As soon as my back was completely turned to Adam, I let my persona drop and rolled my eyes incredulously at the moron behind me.

I attempted to approach Karl but was quickly reminded of just how intoxicated I was as I stumbled over an empty beer box on the ground. I reached my arms out in desperation and felt Karl's familiar warm embrace envelop me as he sighed in obvious disappointment.