Chapter 11: My Last Night Single

ابدأ من البداية

Alison stayed silent, but gave me a reassuring nod, encouraging me to continue. I steadied myself as I said, "Karl he-" I licked my chapped lips, "He understands my needs in a way I can't explain." I shook my head, my body involuntarily remembering the missing feeling of his touch, "Every time I've fallen apart, he's been right there to help pick me back up... even when he shouldn't have. But I can't forget... I can't forget about our fights or the words we screamed at each other..."

The confession shook my body. I felt my pulse quicken, as I began to suffocate on my idiotic need for him.

"Maybe that's something you should explore...?" Alison suggested gently.

I looked at her with misery, "I can't. I mean, we work together Alison," I exclaimed, a dry laugh escaping the back of my throat, "Besides, I don't even think I like him..." I said, my emotions overwhelming me, "I honestly think I just like the fact that he doesn't hate me. To be honest, I barely know anything about him..." I admitted.

Alison nodded her head in understanding, before shrugging and saying, "Then get to know him," I peered at her through a stare of confusion, "Use this opportunity of having a fake relationship to spend more time with him and find out if you guys have anything in common"

I nodded my head, agreeing with her words, "That doesn't sound too bad..." I admitted, my feelings of panic beginning to ease in my stomach, "I mean, that is what friends do anyways... right?"

"...some of them?" She offered, the words dangling from the smirk dancing on her lips, "But I'm glad you're finally overcoming your ongoing challenge with social cues " She chuckled at her own stupid joke, a shit-eating grin spreading across her face rapidly.

I rolled my eyes, grateful for the familiar ease my best friend provided, "Shut up," I chuckled a bit, leaning my head back fully to stare up at the plastic stars stuck to her ceiling, a slight glow emitting from them.

"Now come on," She said, a new dangerously excited tone in her voice, "Let's go celebrate your last night single!"

The room was spinning as the excessive body heat began to make me feel claustrophobic. I looked at my best friend sitting across from me in a circle full of people and watched as she inhaled the smoke being blown into her mouth from the dark-haired boy sitting on her right.

She looked up at me with a devilish grin as she exhaled the vapor towards the ceiling, a laugh sounding from her lungs at the bottom of her hit.

We were fucked.

I watched as the dark-haired guy sitting next to her passed the blunt across the circle to the blonde sitting on my right. He was so fucking hot, but blondes aren't really my type...

His shaggy blonde hair barely touched the nape of his neck as he leaned back and took a long, deep hit from the blunt before lazily turning his gaze towards me.

I felt myself smile in anticipation and lick my bottom lip. It had been too long since I had a bit of fun.

The blonde, Adam, leaned in towards me and brushed his lips against mine before exhaling the smoke softly into my mouth. I breathed it in, allowing it to fill my senses.

As I finished my breath, I opened my eyes and looked up to meet the intense stare of Adam's predatory gaze. I bit my bottom lip subconsciously, our bodies freezing in the position we were left in.

We stayed staring into each other's eyes, neither of us daring to make the first move. The tension was palpable as someone I didn't know began to call his name, "Adam, hand over the blunt man"