Chapter 9: You Were Her

Start from the beginning

"Because I don't want to be with you anymore! I cannot breathe in this house!"  "I want to be free! Free from you! From this wretched provincial life!!"

"Ohh poor you and your choices, you chose a provincial man!" "You're blaming me why you're like this? When that I've sacrificed my entire youth to save you from your family!" "To take responsibility for providing when I could have established a company in Seoul! probably landed good connections with Cheons at the time! yet I choose to marry you!" His father's smile turned into a smug, pain struck his heart and the only control that he has is his tears from falling.

"And now that you realize that life here is so strikingly different from Seoul, you decided to leave? Just like that?"

"No,"

His father refused, "That is your punishment,"
"Kill me, only then you can be free,"

Back in that day, Jungkook couldn't understand the meaning of his father's words. He closely watches him throughout the weeks after his mother's confession.

It was until his death, that those words turned into a trauma. He watched his mother hang her hand on a man's arm, smiling like she had not lost her husband from an accident. Smiling on the burial of unfortunate his father.

"Is Jung Seok Ho your boyfriend?"

He asked his mother while the funeral staff closed the lead of his casket, leaving them alone inside the morgue.

"What are you talking about?" "Is Min Hee coming?" His mother asked to alibi his question.

"Oh don't give me that darn answer," Jungkook tiredly chuckled.

"Watch your word boy, I am still your mother!" His mother creased her brows, annoyed by his temper.

"No, you watch yourself!" Jungkook pointed his finger at her, "You don't look like you're grieving!" "Stop clinging to a married man!" "Stop smiling like that! Stop making me think that you wanted this to happen!" "That you killed Dad!!"

His mother chuckled at the sight of him getting mad, "How much do you know?"

"I know everything," Jungkook nodded his head, "From you wanting a divorce to you having an affair! You hated giving birth to me, I know!" "So don't act like you're my mom cause ever since the day I can remember you've never been a mother to me,"

"Okay, let's cut to the chase then Jungkook," His mother changed her aura, "You're right, he's my boyfriend, is there a problem?"

"Is there a prob— He's fucking married!" Jungkook cursed.

"They're separated," His mother rolled her eyes.

"No, they're not! They are still legally married, I've seen their family vacation photos recently in Hawaii, are you blind?! And to make matters worse you're trying to seduce him while his wife is outside attending your husband's burial!" Jungkook started to get mad and his eyes started to sting once again.

"For once, please.. for once give my father respect," "He has done many good things to you, he made sure all your luxury is provided! I have never once seen you work hard! Everything is set for your chaebol lifestyle!" "He even allowed you to live in Seoul while he's tending to the business to provide all your expenses," He shouted all his feelings as his eyes started to melt.