The Legend of the Oni-Oni no mi Fruit

Author's note: First of all sorry that it took so long for me to post something. The last time I did something on this fanfiction was me changing some small mistakes. I am not going into details why I haven't written anything...but in short...I had issues to deal with. I also felt insecure about my writing (both in this story and in the Steven Universe one). At first Mikasa (or Alex in the SU fanfic) was suppose to be an self insert...but with time I started to see Mikasa as her own character..so much that now whenever I rewatch/reread the old Episodes/Volumes it feels weird not having Mikasa freak out whenever Luffy does something stupid. I was originally planning to continue posting my stories (both this one and SU) last year, but a lot of...things happened and last year (and technically every year since 2020) sucked.. Anyway I am rambling...Here is the new Chapter...Its a short one, but it's one I wanted to write for a while now.

Also I want to add that there might be times where I add my own headcanons into the mix like the headcanon that I have in this chapter (about the Devil's fruit). I also need to take a look at the One Piece timeline and maybe change or add some of the events that may have happened in this fanfic. You can technically see this Fanfic as an AU (Alternative Universe) or an AT(Alternative Timeline) so there will be stuff that are canon in OP, but also stuff that are only canon in this fanfiction(as the story of the Oni-Oni no mi fruit). 

Everyone knows that the Devil Fruit's are given by the Devil himself. But there are two fruits which are different from the others. The Oni-Oni no mi fruit and the Tenshi-Tenshi no mi, which both belong to two demons, who were twins. As many know, seawater and seastone are the weakness of any devil fruit user. The same goes for demons... On a stormy night many people noticed an unusual phenomenon: Two shooting stars were seen that night. But they were glowing red. The same night in the east blue and in west blue two earthquakes erupted and caused a Tsnumai on both ends. And yet to this day nobody knows what caused them ...nobody knows that on this day the same Twin Demons...were exiled from both Hell and Heaven. The Twin Demons left without wings and ability to fly...weren't able to get out of the ocean before the salty water had drawn them of their energy and strength. When Demons die their souls resemble the devil fruits, but there is a difference. The Devil Fruit's are given as a gift from the Devil and they are carefully picked to make sure the user body is capable of carrying the power. The Demon's souls on the other side....a human body is usually not capable of using the power without harming themselves. But since it's rare for the demons to get exiled and...die in such an unfortunate way...most people start to believe that the story of the demons souls are just..rumors or theories with no evidence. And with time the story of the Two Twin Demons exiled from their home and perished without any chance for redemption, leaving their souls forever flowing in the depths of the ocean.