her coryo.

this one is gonna be short don't be mad

warnings: death, Sejanus' death (sad i know im sorry ok), i think thats all and dont come for me if i missed any just gimme a comment and ill add it in! 

Elsie's ears perked up when she heard the sound of a fist against her wooden door. She shot out of bed and immediately went to open it. Her feet lightly tapped the cold floor as she made her way across her room. The cold nights air pricked her bare arms as she approached the door. She knew who it was, he was always there sneaking in at ungodly hours. She reached for the rusted door knob and began to turn it, opening it up with a small n' soft smile plastered on her face. Even though it was late, it was never too late to see her Coryo. 

Her smile dropped quickly when she saw his expression, a pained and saddened one. She quickly reached out her hand and grabbed his forearm guiding him gently into her room. He forcefully pushed in front of her, almost shoving her to the side. She quietly yelped out as she tripped backwards, the wall catching her fall. 

"Coriolanus what was that?" She asked him sternly as his back was turned away from her, his hands were placed on his head as he breathed deeply. 

"Close the door." He said it quietly, almost threatening. A chill ran down her spine with his tone. Elsie turned and quietly shut the door, placing one of her hands on the door frame to make sure it didn't make a sound. He breathed deep and slow as his back was still facing her. Elsie creeped up behind him a lightly placed a hand on his shoulder. She could feel the rough fabric of his uniform, he never came to her in his uniform. Strange. 

"What is it?" She whispered, her hot breath falling onto his neck. He didn't tell her but it brought him comfort, especially after that nights events. Her hand pressed softly onto his shoulder made the skin that was reached tingle. 

"Sejanus." He whispered, a small crack to his voice. Her face twisted into one of confusion and her eyebrows slightly furrowed. "I think I've just killed him." Elsie's hand slid off his shoulder as a cold wave crashed through her body, she froze. Her breathing stopped as she looked at the side of his face. He was emotionless. Emotionless.

"What?" Her voice was low, scared, quiet. 

"I gave Dr. Gaul a tape of him saying things. He was part of a rebellion. I knew that if the commander found out he would have me killed also, out of association." Coriolanus muttered, not missing one beat or syllable. Something was wrong. Not just the fact that he was disappointed but he was scared. "Who am I?" He whispered to himself. Elsie's ears pricked up as he said it, clear as day. She cleared her throat softly as she went to stand in front of him, her body standing parallel to him a hand reaching up to grab his face. Her thumb slightly moved back and forth across his angular cheek.

"You're not a killer." She spoke in her sweet accent, one that made his heart melt usually but he was too focused to notice. His breath hitched and Elsie moved closer to his body her other hand connecting with the side of his face. "You did not kill Sejanus, Coriolanus Snow." She didn't even believe herself as she spoke but he seemed to take comfort in her words, his expression softening. 

"A year ago I would have never done that." He looked into her eyes and breathed it out quickly. 

"People change. You needed to do it." Elsie's voice cracked at the end of her sentence. Her hands were still lightly placed on either side of his face, gripping more into his skin. Not enough to hurt but hard enough to make sure they don't fall when she cries. "I don't know what I'd do without you Coryo." She breathed it out letting tears fall from her eyes. 

She cried not just for her but for Coriolanus and how is life was forever changed. Even though Sejanus' death was indirect, still he was responsible. Part of her wished his parents would buy him out like they did everything but in a situation with Capitol rebellion even the Plinth's weren't strong enough to stop the death of their precious son. Knowing Sejanus he was probably trying to do something good and ended up in a situation he couldn't get out of. But part of her burned with anger, he had pulled Coriolanus into it with him. Her Coryo. 

So, when she watched the next day as he was kicked off the stool and hung she didn't feel a thing. He hung lifelessly in the air and she felt a ping of relief. A small sense of it washed over her as she looked at him, a stern look on his face as the pleading of his best friend's voice was silenced along with many others. 

Nobody would take her Coryo from her, and she would do whatever it took to make sure he wasn't. Afterall, she always leaped while he looked. 

~~~

authors note:

hey cuties! been a day and i'm trying to stay on a schedule. sorry for the short chapter (my bad) but i hope you enjoyed! I also didn't proof read as usual so if my grammar is horrendous then sorry, you can get through it. as always,

anyways, love ya!

sophie