First Mission

It had been 8 months since Izuku started his training with Nezu and All Might, 6 since his first spar with Mina where he passed out. This day, Nezu hadn't prepared anything like he usually did. Ordinarily he'd have special dummies set up or even cursed tools lined up for Izuku to train with, but not today. Today he had called Izuku and Mina to the center of the training field. In his paws, was a box. It was short, but long and wide.

Mina: "Mr. Nezu. Why aren't we training today?"

Nezu: "Well that's because today is a big day for young Midoriya."

An excited look appeared on her face.

Mina: "Really!? Yes, yes, yes, yes!"

Izuku looked between the two, confused.

Izuku: "U-um, excuse me, but what's g-going on?"

Nezu turned back to him and Mina jumped to their teacher's side.

Nezu: "Izuku Midoriya, today marks an important step in your journey as both a Jujutsu Sorcerer and a hero. It's something young Ashido here has been doing for around a year now. As you may have noticed, there are times when she isn't here."

Izuku: "Yeah. I just thought she was with friends or sick at home though. What is it then?"

Nezu: "She has been going on missions to exercise cursed spirits."

Izuku looked shocked.

Izuku: "Alone!?"

Nezu nodded and she laughed.

Nezu: "Due to the nature of our school, some of our staff are also sorcerers and accompany her to do these missions. Though, she has proven time and time again that that particular precaution is uneeded, which is why she's semi-grade two."

As Nezu finished talking, Izuju recalled a time when Nezu described the system the jujutsu world used to classify how powerful sorcerers and curses were.

Izuku: "Um sir? W-what grade am I then?"

Nezu: "We'll get to that in a moment. First things first, however, is that you'll be going on these missions along side Ashido. Do you believe you're ready?"

Izuku straightened up and nodded.

Izuju: "Yes sir."

Nezu smiled.

Nezu: "Good. But in order to go out, you'll need your uniform."

Nezu then handed the box to Izuku, who bent down and took it from the rodent.

Nezu: "Flame resistant and knife resistant. Made to allow maximum flexibility and fluid movement. All Might gave us a few ideas on how to customize it to you specifically. Go change in the supply shed, we'll wait out here."

Izuku: "Right."

He ran over to the shed and quickly entered.

Mina: "I'm so excited!"

She was bouncing on her toes and Nezu chuckled.

Nezu: "Just make sure he comes back in one piece."

Mina: "Yes sir!"

After a couple minutes, the shed's door opened once again and Izuku stepped out, wearing his Jujutsu uniform.