Chapter 8: Enrollment

Start from the beginning

"Oh, okay" Jaydin said with slight disappointment.

"If you'd like, I'll take you two to see the principal to talk about your enrollment" Kukui offered.

"That would be very helpful thanks" Jaydin said.

Jaydin and Zoroark followed Kukui deeper into the campus. They eventually reached a big building on the far upper left side of the campus.

"Welp, here we are. This is the administrative building. It houses teachers offices, the Counseling Center, the medical unit and the principal's office" Kukui explained.

The three entered the building. They walked until they reached a door that had snowflakes on it.

"This is the principal's office" Kukui said. He knocked on the door.

"You may enter" a voice said from behind the door.

Kukui opened the door, allowing Jaydin and Zoroark to go in first. The room looked like a typical principal's office. There was a desk with the chair facing away from them.

"I've got a very special guest for you to meet" Kukui said.

The chair rotated around. It revealed a woman with long blonde hair, green eyes, light skin tone and wearing a white colored business dress.

"I take it you must be the Jaydin Silver Professor Sycamore called me about" she said.

"Yes ma'am. I'm Jaydin Silver, and this is my partner Zoroark" Jaydin said as the two did a respective bow.

"You have great manners, however you don't have to be so formal" she said with a smile. She got up from her chair. "Now then, my name is Lillie, I'm the principle of Alola Academy. It's a pleasure to meet you" she said as she extended her hand out.

Jaydin shook her hand. "It's an honor to meet you Principal Lillie."

After shaking hands, the three sat down while Kukui hung back to observe.

"Now then, let's talk about your enrollment. Professor Sycamore asked if I could enroll you for a semester. While I took his request into consideration, I can't simply accept your enrollment from that alone" Lillie explained.

Before Zoroark could protest, Jaydin placed his hand on her claw.

"If there's something else I need to do then I'll do it" Jaydin said.

"Under normal circumstances, an application letter is sent to all the students who requested to enroll here. In the letter contains instructions on where to go to take the exam, which of course determines weather you'll be able to attend here or not. In order to pass, the student must get a score no lower than a 70, and depending on what score you get, determines where you'll be placed" Lillie explained.

"So I just need to pass the exam and I'll be enrolled?" Jaydin said.

"That's correct. However, due to the new semester beginning in a couple days, we don't have enough time to create an exam for you to take" Lillie said.

Zoroark was about to protest again but Jaydin stopped her again.

"Is there an existing one I can take?" Jaydin asked.

This surprised Lillie. "Well there is, but it's made for the upperclassmen students. For every student under the upperclassmen standing, we create custom made exams so that the younger students have a better chance at getting in" she explained.

Jaydin didn't feel intimidated. "If we're low on time, I'll take that exam if that's alright."

Lillie was now shocked. This was the first time a student asked to take an exam above their standing. While hesitant, she answered him.