Prologue - 700 mil bce

This segment of the story plays atroughly 700 million years in the past.

At that time, one of the threegoldilock planets of the solar system, Venus, would soon undergo aterrifying transformation that shook most planets to their very cores– he'd be losing his habitability, his oceans, his source of pride.But for now, he was the planet with the most sophisticated lifeforms– small worm-like creatures that had hivemind-like mentalitieswithin their clans, capable of rivaling a current day terran mammal.He was proud of his small Venuslings, hoping that he could one daysee them with his very own eyes.

The iciest of the three worlds –Earth – was finally thawing up after a billion years of being asnow world, inflicted by his microbial Earthlings. In a way, helooked up to Venus and couldn't stop admiring his sucessfullifeforms, eventually becoming obsessed with having such intelligentcreatures on him too.

Mercury, too hot to ever hope to hostlifeforms, was a lot bigger than in current times, in fact, he wasalmost a mars-sized planet. However, a tragic collision with acertain celestial object would not only rip huge parts of his surfaceand mantle to pieces, but also end his friendship to his unstablebest friend, Venus.

Neptune was the closer cousin to thesun, complete with his own set of bright, yellowish rings the gasgiants could only dream of. In a way, Neptune was like a second Sunto Uranus, in a good, fraternal way. Since the departure of hissecond cousin, he felt a lot closer to his way more insecure cousin.He was the only family he had left after all. He just would neverexpect that he would grow to be the one needing guidance in just acouple hundred million years.

Saturn used to have no rings at all, aswell as at least five more moons in his orbit. The Saturnian systemwas a whole other plane to behold, mostly in peae with each other.His most priced moons were Titan, a yellow-green world filled withoceans of carbon water that hasn't been changed for aeons. Enceladus,a promising rocky ice moon just like Earth was a rocky ice planet andthe cutest of all moons to exist – the shy and soft Rhea.

And lastly, the Jovian system, thisstorys center stage was a good deal smaller than what it would becomein antrophocenic times. It's centrum, namegiver and caretaker was thebiggest planet in the solar system, Jupiter. He knew of his role assecond protector of the solar system, even if he had to lead anunstable ice giant towards the path of never returning again. Stillgrappling with the core-crushing decision, he grew reclusive,ignoring the innermost four planets and the ice giants he rippedtheir cousin from. All he had was himself, Saturn and theirrespective moons.

Oh, Jupiter's moons. The jovian systemwould soon get a new member, who would change the peaceful Joviansystem forever.