xii.chapter twelve

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

The sunrise came like the stars do for the sea

It showed up unannounced, shining golden and rays of orange. It brought Noa the warmth she seek when she woke from her sleep, providing the three reassurance that she'd been okay before escaping up the ladder. Percy insisted she stay, but Noa swore she'd been okay as she climbed to the top of the truck, sitting on the side and looking out at the city of Las Vegas.

Percy joined her soon after.

"Hi!" he announced, it had been so early that not many cars had been out. All mainly parked at casinos, much too early to head home. They weren't driving all that fast, the wind wasn't loud. "Need some company?"

Noa extended her hand, when she latched onto his palm to help him across, her red hair changed to blonde curls like his. He didn't question it, but he saw the resemblance there. She helped him not fall, sitting down with her on the edge as their legs dangled off. "What are you doing up here?"

"I like watching the sunrise." she further explained, nodding to the golden and orange that danced away in the sky. "See that ray of golden? Right beneath the orange?"

"Yeah, I see it." he was amazed by the detail, never noticing the way it shined. "It's sparkling."

"That my mother." she further explained, Percy looked over at her before back to the sunset. "She puts her touch in the sky each morning...early riser."

"That's...pretty cool." he was looking for the right words, awkwardly clearing his throat. "Sorry about not being able to talk to her, like...for a long time. I know that sucks."

"I-" No began before she stopped, turning her head to look as him. "You do know."

Percy nodded his head. "Looks like we have more in common than we thought. Same dad, moms that kinda disappeared out of thin air but are still alive, big fans of blue cookies...really, I don't know how we didn't know we were related earlier on."

It made Noa laugh some, Percy grinned in satisfaction. She shrugged her shoulders. "There's also the whole ADHD and dyslexia thing."

"Can't forget that one." he nodded his head in agreement, shrugging into the silence. "Sorry about Clarisse. I know you said you were friends."

Clarisse being the lightening thief was the first thing Noa was told when she woke up and was the major reason she walked out here. She matched his shrug. "That's okay."

It wasn't but neither really knew what to say about it. Percy wasn't the most sincere person and Noa found comfort in silence rather than speech. "Why are you even friends with her?"

Noa gave him a strange look. "What?"

"I mean, she's really not a good person." he exclaimed with a weird look, wondering it the whole time and the biggest reason he was lacking sympathy right now. "She's rude to, like, everyone. I even saw her be rude to you...but you're friends with her?"