CHAPTER 8

Kabir's Pov:

In an instant, the anticipated announcement about the company's merger and Avni's discussions with Vyom took an unforeseen turn. The Avni Mehra I had known for the past six years, poised and unyielding, shattered before my eyes as she received a call that sent her rushing away as if her life was in peril. The sight of her trembling hands, the dropped mobile, and the sweat on her forehead hinted at a profound mental breakdown, a side of Avni I had never witnessed despite the six years since her separation from Vyom.

Despite Vyom's own emotional struggles after their separation, Avni had always maintained a facade of indifference and a somewhat haughty demeanor. Her sudden vulnerability was both shocking and unbelievable. As a silent observer of the dynamics among Avni, Dhruv, Amaira, and Navya, I had always been vigilant, ensuring that history wouldn't repeat itself with Dhruv. Even though Amaira was like a younger sister to me, I couldn't risk another situation like Vyom's.

After Avni's abrupt departure, Dhruv's distressed conversation on the call, presumably with Amaira, mirrored his emotional turmoil. His pained expression revealed a shared anguish, but it seemed that Amaira was not the one with whom something bad has happened because if it would have then Dhruv won't be able to stand.
Dhruv's protective instincts for Amaira, akin to a bull's fury, indicated that she was at least physically unharmed.
I really wish that god should always protect her, I thought, acknowledging the sisterly bond I shared with Amaira.

Without hesitation, Vyom and I joined Dhruv's pursuit, but not before addressing the office situation. I warned the manager with a stern declaration, emphasizing the gravity of confidentiality and the consequences for betraying Kabir Rajvansh.

As we raced behind Dhruv, I coordinated with the security team, ensuring they were ready for the unfolding incident. En route, I noticed the familiar path leading to City Hospital, further intensifying the urgency of the situation.
Moments later, we parked in front of the hospital, bracing ourselves for the unknown challenges that awaited inside.

Author's Pov:

Vyom and Kabir were quick enough to move to Dhruv who was enquiring about the room number on the reception desk. But everything was stopped when Kabir heard Dhruv asking about " Navya Singhania ".
Dhruv and Vyom quickly went to the directions given whereas Kabir was still standing their soon his steps were moving involuntarily towards the room and seconds later he was standing in the executive lobby of City Hospital. And the scene sighted there was heart wrenching. Amaira weeping on Dhruv's shoulder, Avni helplessly kneeled down in front of the Operation Theatre, Vyom standing few steps away from Avni watching her with moist eyes. Anyone can see about how Vyom was debating and controlling himself from going kneeling down and consoling not the Avni Mehra he was arguing half an hour back but a broken girl sitting their in front of the Operation Theatre silently weeping without anyone else beside her and watching her Navya, her kiddo fighting for her life inside that room.

Vyom's Pov:

There she was kneeled down on the cold floor. Her knuckles were bleeding, her right hand sleeve was torn. She again blamed herself for everything, she again  punched the wall, she again believing in her lucky charm tore her right hand's sleeve and has definitely tied it in the hospital's mandir.
She was looking so broken, so fragile that for a moment I wanted to forget all the differences we ever had or have even right now and take her delicately in my embrace. And tell her nothing will happen to Navya she will return back safe and sound back to her.
For a matter of fact I know this that no matter what happens or even if world is turned upside down the irreplaceable place Amaira and Navya have in Avni's life cannot be taken or can even ever be compared to anything.
Navya was Avni's kiddo, more than her best friend she was the younger one she always wanted. And indeed Navya is a kiddo she was her kiddo, her Nova a childlike heart, innocent smile, determined nature and a self reliant person.
When me and Avni parted our ways, our friends automatically possessd an unintentional hatred for the other one. Kabir started hating Avni, Dhruv never hated her or bad mouthed about her but still I know he do not share the same bond as earlier they were like the Tom and Jerry brother sister duo. Even Amaira, mine and Kabir's equation wasn't the same the three of us behaved in a civilized manner just for the sake of Dhruv but nothing that sort of was applied to Navya she was the same to me just like before, sometimes I also thought that our relationship the brother cum best friend relation became a bit stronger and better in all this chaos the only bethher thing that happened.

My chain of thoughts were broken when a police officer came to Avni and told her that once Navya gain her consciousness, she is not allowed to interact to anyone but has to first give her statement to the police as this is not an accident.

Author's Pov:

The police officer continued shocking each and every member present their
"Miss Mehra I know you all are not in the state to hear any other news than Miss Singhania's well being but one of the eye witnesses gave his statement bringing us to a conclusion that this is a planned accident more precisely it was an attempt to murder."
With that everyone was left shocked. Not even in their wildest dreams they thought that anyone could plan something as big as murder against Navya.

Thank you so much for coming this far!! Do comment on your favourite part and vote for the story.
And be right here for further updates.
And what do you think about who's behind this murder mystery ?
Is it actually even an attempt to murder though?!!
Moreover will Vyom ever be able to know about Avni's emotional turmoil!!!