Part 28

Two weeks later, Amelia Manoban still hadn't left Daegu or Lisa's house. Her visit had been for an undisclosed amount of time, and every time Lisa asked her when she intended on returning to New York, she always replied with "soon." But her continuous presence began to wear on Jennie's nerves.

"Lisa, I can't take this anymore," she complained. "Your mother has to leave, and she has to do it soon. Either she goes or I go, you choose."

Lisa sighed as she climbed into bed, pulling the covers over her chest. "There's no choice. I would choose you over her any day of the week."

"Then what's the problem? Why is she still around? She knows you don't want her here, and Lord knows I sure as hell don't. For the sake of my sanity, please make her leave."

"What is really bothering you?" Lisa questioned. "Is my mother saying stuff to you that I should know about?"

"I just what if she finds out the real reason we're married? She could go straight to the lawyers handling your uncle's will and tell them we only got married so you could get the inheritance. Then we've wasted almost a year of our lives in this phony marriage, and she inherits everything."

"You're overreacting."

Her eyes wide, Jennie stared hard at her. "Am I? The longer she stays here, the better the chance is of her finding out. Not to mention, she could only suspect it, start spreading it around, and people will begin to wonder if there's any truth to it. I don't need people talking about me again."

"They won't. Look, I'll tell her in the morning that she has to leave. Will that make you feel better?" Lisa wanted to know.

Jennie nodded her head. "Yes, it would. Thank you."

"Good. Now go to sleep."

****

Soft lips caressing her neck woke Lisa from a wonderful dream. In it, her mother left for good, and Jennie told her she was sick of living in a marriage based on false pretenses. She wanted to make it work and wanted to spend the rest of her life with her. It was a dream she wished every day would come true. she, too, was sick of pretending to not have feelings for her. She wanted to scream to the world that she loved Jennie Kim. But fear of rejection kept her from actually doing it.

With a moan, she turned over on her side and felt tiny hands skimming along her muscular chest and arms. Lisa didn't dare open her eyes for fear of it being another one of her erotic fantasies about her wife. So she kept her eyes closed and left herself feeling her touching in her dream-like state.

Her scent was everywhere; her strawberry shampoo, bubble bath, hand lotion, body spray; it drove her nearly to the brink of insanity. It was a scent she loved and loathed at the same time; it represented the reality that her dream was so close, yet so far away. Jennie might only be inches away, but miles from her reach.

Her left hand found the back of her head, tangling her fingers within the soft blonde tresses while her right hand clutched her silk pajama top, desperate for any kind of physical contact, real or not. she wanted to touch her, feel her, and make her yearn for her the way she yearned for her. Her skin was silky and smooth and scalding hot to the touch as Lisa tried to memorize every curve and crevice hidden beneath her top.

Hot lips kissed their way along her chest, a tongue swirled around her nipples while a set of hands moved lower, underneath the waistband of her boxer shorts. Lisa, through her clouded desire, whispered Jennie's name as she explored more of her. She didn't know how much more she could take before exploding. No woman, not even Bella, made her burn with desire more than her young, inexperienced wife.

From inside the bathroom, Amelia Manoban could hear the sounds of low moans coming from Lisa's bedroom. Out of curiosity, she quietly opened the door to her room, seeing her daughter and daughter-in-law engaged in an intimate embrace, a tangle of limbs and murmured words of love. Before she could be found out, she closed the door and retired to bed.

****

"How dare you do this to your own mother!" Lisa's mother exclaimed in outrage the following morning. "I am a guest in your home, Lalisa."

Lisa raised her eyebrows. "You were never a guest here, sorry. That would mean I invited you here, which I never did. Since the day you got here, Mother, you have been nothing but trouble for me and my family. You've made my wife unhappy, and I won't stand for it anymore."

"Didn't you ever learn the saying 'blood is thicker than water'?" she demanded. "I am your mother. I gave birth to you and provided for you, and this is how you repay me? By shoving me aside for a blonde bimbo? That's gratitude for you."

"Jennie is not a bimboo, so I suggest you choose your words more carefully next time," Lisa warned, a threatening tone in her voice.

"Why is it that a woman as intelligent as you can't see what she is truly like?" Amelia asked. "All you see when you look at your little Jennie is sweetness and light. But I see her true colors. Look at her a bit closer, and you'll find a woman only after one thing."

Lisa smirked. "Is money all you care about?"

"She's after yours. Maybe I'd be better off calling it John's hard-earned money. Go ahead, and watch it disappear. It won't be long before she bleeds you dry."

"Not that it's any of your business, but Jennie and I have a pre-nuptial agreement," Lisa informed her mother smugly.

She simply laughed. "I'm sure you do. But I would stake my life that she'll get you to rip it up. Women like her do that."

"No, women like you do that," Lisa accused. "Not get out of my house before I call the police and have you thrown out."

Amelia picked up her bags. "Very well, have it your way, Lalisa. One thing I won't mind leaving behind is the noise at night. It's only proper manners to be quiet about your sex life, not make a show of it."

"What are you talking about?" Lisa was clueless.

"Don't play coy with me. You and that girl were going at it like two horny teenagers last night. It's no wonder her sister sleeps on the other side of the house."

"You must be hearing things."

She shook her head in disagreement. "Afraid not. I saw you two with my own two eyes. Sick, really. Enjoy it while it lasts, because she'll be gone soon. And then you won't have anyone."

"Get out," Lisa ordered. "And don't come back."

"Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you."

Lisa watched her mother walk down the driveway to the waiting cab she'd called to pick her up. As soon as it drove out of sight, she slammed the door behind her, turning around in time to see Jennie hobbling down the stairs. She looked at her expectantly.

"Is she gone?"

All she could think about when she looked at her was the dream she'd had the night before the dream that turned out to be real. 'Jennie really was kissing me and doing all those things. God, I was so close to being with her. I almost had my dream come true. If she hadn't rested her head on my shoulder and fallen asleep, we might have had sex. Does she know that, or does she think it was a dream, too?' she wondered.

"Lisa?" she said when she didn't reply.

"Yeah?"

"Did she leave?"

Lisa nodded. "Gone for good." Taking a deep breath, she posed her next question carefully. "How did you sleep last night?"

"Like a baby. Had a very nice dream. Maybe sleeping next to you helps me sleep better. Too bad it's over."

"Yeah, too bad." 

Note:  I'm sorry to say that this weekend I'm going on a vacation . Maybe I can not update 'The Marriage Deal' so just be patient.