Part 7

"I hope you enjoyed dinner, ladies," Lisa said to the two women walking behind her when they waltzed back inside the house at seven-thirty. She'd taken Jennie and Ella to dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant to celebrate the wedding.

"It was very nice," Jennie replied. It was the first time her date had ever taken her to a really nice restaurant. 'I could get used to it.' "Wasn't it kinda expensive, though?"

"Don't worry about it."

Jennie noticed her sister heading up the stairs. "Ella, where are you going?"

"To my room. I'm gonna finish unpacking before I try to go to sleep. Do me a favor and try not to be too loud when the two of you are having sex tonight. Some of us have virgin ears," she stated, walking away before either of them had a chance to reply.

All Lisa could do was raise her eyebrows at her sister-in-law. Winning her over wasn't going to be easy. "I'm sensing some hostility. Your sister hates me."

"She doesn't hate you, trust me. I think she's afraid you're going to order her around and lay down all kinds of rules. You know, act like her mother."

"Well then, she doesn't have anything to worry about," Lisa told her. "I'm not good at following rules, much less making them. I'll leave all that up to you."

"I appreciate it. Ella just needs a little time to warm up to the idea of you being around."

Lisa looked around, an uncomfortable silence filling the air around them. "Would you like the grand tour? This is your home and I just realized that you don't even know where anything is yet." The two of them spent most of the afternoon packing Jennie's and Ella's things from their old house, bringing it to the new one.

Jennie chuckled. "I think that would be a good idea. Especially if I'm going to be living here for the next three years."

Lisa opened the last door on the left, on the opposite end of the hall from Ella's room. "This is your room. I hope you like it."

She took a step inside and found herself filled with awe. If she had to guess, she would say it was the master bedroom. To her left was a king-sized bed with a flowered comforter and a bedside table draped in a matching cloth. On the other wall was a walk-in closet and armoire, followed by an expensive-looking vanity table. To her right was another large dresser and a loveseat. Directly in front of Jennie was a sliding glass door with a private balcony, much like the one in Ella's room.

"You can see almost all of Daegu from the balcony," Lisa informed her.

"This room is beautiful, Lisa. And so big." She frowned slightly. "Uh-oh, though. Two of us, one bed. That doesn't exactly work."

Lisa smiled at her naive. "I've got it covered. That door on the right is to the bathroom, which we share. On the other side of the bathroom is the door leading to my room. It's right across the hall. In case Ella wonders where I am or why I'm not in here, you can tell her I'm in the bathroom. Easy access, also."

Jennie blushed in embarrassment. "Pardon Jennie's little outburst there. Looks like you have all the bases covered."

"I try. Do you need any help unpacking?"

She shook her head. "I'm good. The only problem is that I don't have nearly enough clothes to fill that massive closet over there. And the dresser."

"Guess we'll have to increase your wardrobe, then."

Lisa turned to leave, but Jennie stopped her. "Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"You said outside earlier that I'm the only woman you'll ever marry. What did you mean by that?" Jennie had a fear of not being able to get out of the marriage when the three years was up.