006, did you doubt me?

.•POURING RAIN•.
{ irl }

—————.•💫•.—————

mallekai was already dreading the day ahead but all of her friends were really excited about it. well except matt of course but he wasn't her friend anyway. mal sighed as she pulled a slightly loose white long sleeve over her body, layering a graphic baby tee over the top. her pants were just plain lowrised blue jeans that were slightly baggy, showing off her belly piercing.

mal began lacing up her old, worn converse before she was rudely interrupted by matt beeping his horn. typical impatient motherfucking matthew. mallee rolled her eyes before walking out the door and locking it behind her.

her mum wasn't home. she never was, half the time mallekai didn't even know where she was and would have to make dinner. it had always been like that ever since her parents divorced. mal had to learn how to make meals for herself at the ripe age of 7 or she'd go hungry.

in reality it just made mallekai really independent, though she did long for a loving mother like mary lou was to the triplets.

mallee opened the back door of the mini van seeing four smug grins smiling back at her taking up all of the back seats.

"genuinely hate you all." mal muttered, sticking her middle finger up before she slammed the door shut. she opened the passenger climbing in and slumping down in the chair.

"there was no need to slam the door you know?" matt calmly remarks.

"yes there fucking was berny now shut up and drive." mallee keeps the same calm demeanour but makes the words sound bitchy at the same time.

"don't fucking call me that mallekai." matts tone shifted to a serious one as he spat the words out of his mouth.

"yeah yeah womp womp. I really don't give a shit." mallekai lazily replies while turning to smile sweetly at him. matt glances over, rolling his eyes.

"how far away is it?" chris asks from the backseat.

"about 5 minutes left" matt responds after glancing at the screen. matt was half excited to play paintball and half not excited. he had never played before but when he was playing he was on a team with mallekai rosewood.

god he wishes she wasn't on his team so he could waste all his paintballs aiming at her. mallekai completely broke his heart and he's not sure if he could ever forgive her for that.

finally they pull up to the venue, it looks decent enough. it had a log cabin in the woods esque to it with moss covering the peaks of the roof and dense forest surrounding it.

mallekai glanced around, the trees were thick enough to hide behind and there was lots of thick shrubbery. they walked through the door  that was kept open by a small door stop.

the receptionist greeted them with a kind smile. once they had all paid they followed her into an attached room where all the gear was. after they were all changed they formed a line, mal was at the end furthest from matt.

"okay you will all be assigned a colour for each pair, so please move to show me who is with who." mallekai glanced in matts direction finding him already staring back at her from across the room.

mallee keeps the eye contact as she shuffles over to him. he looks away quickly once she's beside him, a small tint to his cheeks. the instructor points toward mallekai and matt assigning them the colour green.