008 , uncovered secrets

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

DEVIL'S DAUGHTER , voidfaye008

008. uncovered secrets

ASTERIA sat on the rooftop, writing in her journal, which she spelled to look like a normal diary entry if anyone were to take a peak. Last night, she had woken up with all her memories of her past life. It was disturbing, to say the least. Since the moment she was aware of her surroundings, she just knew things. And as the years went on, she would know things she hadn't learned. She would know words that didn't exist in this world. Words that did magical things. But she also knew to hide that knowledge. So she did, writing those words down into a journal, in case she needed to use it again, but after last night, she would have no more use for it. For she remembered everything.

     She remembered a past life filled with anger and betrayal.

     She remembered being so loved by her mother and father. Her grandparents. Her godfather. Her godmother.

     She remembered watching a manno a monster — kill her mother when she shielded her with her own body. She remembered being struck by a killing curse, only to be rebounded at the monster. She remembered being sent to her vile aunt and uncle, suffering under their care for more than ten years. She remembered the joy of being able to do magic, only for it all to come crumbling down when she learned about her fame. She remembered making friends, only to have them stab her in the back in the end.

     She remembered the monster's name. His name was Voldemort. Well technically speaking, his name was Tom Marvolo Riddle, but apparently, it wasn't giving dark lord vibes so he changed it to a name meaning flight of death, which honestly was quite pathetic.

     She remembered facing challenges every year she attended Hogwarts. She remembered how quickly the population changed their opinions about her. One moment she was their beloved savior, the next she was the next up-and-coming budding dark witch. She remembered how she was hailed the woman who conquered once she defeated Voldemort.

     She remembered her death. She remembered the comforting embrace she'd felt when she died. She remembered the merge of her powers. She remembered the comforting feeling of her magic mixing with the magic of the deathly hallows and becoming one.

     She remembered how they quickly turned on her after she saved them. She remembered them accusing her of becoming a dark lady. She remembered how they tried to capture her. She remembered how she slaughtered them with no mercy.

     She remembered the multitude of years she lived as the population slowly died out. She remembered all the knowledge she gained. She remembered watching her world die. And most importantly, she remembered asking Death to send her to a new world, where the population still thrived.