Chapter 18

He didn't complain, he deserved it. His friends were quick to react though but the ones who were about to stand up sat back down when Cain lifted his hand to show them to stay out of it.

"Deserved that." He said before looking at a heavy breathing Lilly. "How is she?"

"Seriously?" Lilly was outraged. "What do you care? Who do you think you are that you have the right to treat her like that? All of you!" Lilly wasn't here to only drag Cain; she came for all of them. "The second she got involved with you, I prayed to God, she was right to trust you, but here we are. It makes me sick to be considered the same kind of person as all of you are."

JB was about to say something to put Lilly in place, but Lilly saw and shot him a death glare which made JB close his already open mouth.

"You have no fucking clue what Mina had to go through in life to get where she's at right now and she still thinks she doesn't deserve what she achieved while you lot are here with everything given to you on a silver plate and you act like almighty kings even though you can't do shit without mummy and daddy supporting your whiny asses." By now Lilly dedicated her speech to almost everyone in the cafeteria. "I would love every single one of you to experience what she had to but then again I hope you don't have to because you simply wouldn't be able to handle it."

The blonde was done looking at their faces, but she had one final warning.

"Stay away from Mina. Don't approach her, don't talk to her, don't even so much as look at her. She's way better, in every aspect, as all of you combined. Just leave her alone."

Now she was done; didn't wait for any of them to react, turned and left with her head held high. She felt relieved after finally saying what she wanted to shout from the universities rooftop ever since she got to know Mina.

Lilly's words gave Cain to think, and he was about to do the exact opposite to what Lilly said last.

The blonde, still angry, student found her best friend outside of campus, sitting on a bench with her phone to her ear.

"Can you pick me up." Mina sobbed into the phone, which Jade was on the other side of, confused but quick to agree and jump into the car to drive over.

"Baby." Lilly immediately softened when she saw the crying mess in front of her. She sat down beside her and hugged Mina tight.

"Don't cry, he doesn't deserve your tears." Soothingly Lilly stroke Mina's back but the latter couldn't calm down. She felt dumb to fall into Cain's trap even though everyone warned her; even her own head constantly reminded her of her past and that those people did whatever they wanted and got away with everything, but she still decided to trust him.

"Why me?" Mina cried into Lilly's shoulder. "Why am I so stupid?"

"Babe, no, you're not stupid. Your heart is just way too big." Lilly tried her best to make Mina stop crying. "This world doesn't deserve your kindness." But she didn't succeed. So, to not be completely needless, Lilly pulled Mina even closer and let her weep into her sweater until Jade arrived.

Jade already scanned the scene when he was still in the car and he didn't need them to tell him what happened, he already assumed. Before he even got out of the car, he was ready to kill people.

"Where is he?" The med student asked the second he stepped out. Lilly saw the look in Jade's eyes and Mina sat up, rubbing her eyes to make herself stop crying.

"I don't think it'll help anyone if you hurt him." Lilly said carefully but Jade's opinion was very different from hers.

"It'll help me." Jade already passed the bench; he'd find him without the girls telling him where to look. Mina slowly got back to a normal state and processed what was about to happen. Jade would have drop kicked Cain's head off and she didn't want that to happen. Her brother was fast, but Mina caught up to him, grabbed his arm and leaned back to stop him but it wasn't easy.