CHAPTER 6: Ghosting

Start from the beginning

"Your drink, sir!" Babe practically exclaimed and placed Charlie's drink in front of him and spared a glance at the omega. 

"Do you want to order, sir?" Babe dryly asked. 

The omega just shot him a glare and also gave him a dry smile. "No," he declines and turns to Charlie whose entire focus was on Babe. He felt disrespected and scoffed. 

"How annoying," the omega rolls his eyes at both of them and leaves the counter.

They stare at his retreating back and Babe rolls his eyes while Charlie shrugs his shoulders. 

The enigma took a sip of his drink. "Thanks," he states.

Babe, who is making another drink, nods but doesn't face Charlie. 

"Thanks for shooing him away," Charlie added, not averting his eyes from Babe.

"I didn't do anything." 

Of course Charlie knows that it was because of him but he wants to talk to Babe so, here we are. 

"You did. You look like you're about to bite him–

"What!?" Babe snaps, finally facing Charlie.

Charlie smirks triumphantly. "Kidding." 

Then Babe once again rolls his eyes and goes to the customer to hand him his drink. As he came back, Charlie was still staring at him.

"Staring is rude," Babe finally says.

"I was observing–

"Still, it's rude. Ugh, you know what? Just say what you want to say and stop staring." Babe suggests.

"I don't have anything to say, though," he replies truthfully. He really doesn't have anything to talk about with Babe but he still wants to have a conversation with him. 

Babe sighs in frustration. "Stop staring then." 

"I'm sorry, I will," Charlie apologizes. He shifted in his seat and turned to where the band was playing.

He heard Babe grunt and cursed under his breath but he didn't say anything anymore. So Charlie just slowly sipped his drink and just listened to Babe's voice talking to other customers. 

Moments passed and Charlie's drink is gone. He finally turned back to the counter and placed his drink. He searched his wallet and got some cash before placing it on the counter along with a tip. He handed it to Babe.

"Thanks," Babe trails off. 

"Yeah," Charlie replies then he smiles. He was about to leave when Babe spoke again.

"Thanks for the gift, I appreciate it... But don't think that we're okay now, alright? My feelings and sentiments stay the same and–

"I know. I'll work hard then," Charlie locks eyes with Babe and genuinely says that. He doesn't want to hear Babe's actually hurtful words before leaving so he cuts him off unwillingly and finally says, "See you, Babe." 

Meanwhile Babe was left with so many words yet left unsaid but he didn't mind being cut off. Deep inside, he knows how unnecessary what he said was and how childish it was of him. Yet, he still said it and now he's disappointed in himself and a pained looking Charlie. 

For the next few days, Charlie hasn't showed up at the pub. However, the past few days when Babe hasn't seen Charlie, he received gifts from him. 

There were flowers, food, random things, tickets to a movie, theater shows, amusement parks, basketball, football and even racing tickets. Basically, he was bombarded by Alan every morning for new gifts from Charlie and he's both confused and annoyed by it.