1: Two Cats in an Alley

“Ugh Ratchet come on!” I whined as the medic messed around with some cables connected to the back of my helm. “It's itching really badly.”

“Hold still, Y/D.” Ratchet scolded me. “I'm almost done making adjustments to your stabilizing collar.”

“Yeah um, you never really explained what that thing does?” Sari commented as she sat on my pede and watched the medic work.

“It keeps me from going crazy!” I cackled as my optics turned orange. “Which is just crazy to think about!” 

“Hey!” Ratchet huffed as he lightly whacked my helm with a wrench. “Quit moving! Don't want to cross wires.”

“Sorry docbot.” I said meekly as my optics returned to blue. 

“As Y/D was so eloquently explaining,” Ratchet said with a thick layer of sarcasm. “The stabilizing collar helps control his changing mental states. They used to be far more volatile than before, so I know I'm going in the right direction with these adjustments.”

“How bad?” Sari asked with a sympathetic look.

“He used to switch states around every 5 to 10 earth minutes.” the medic explained. “Now it’s mostly under control.” Ratchet finished the adjustments and reconnected the 3 cables to the collar, my frame stiffening for a second before relaxing. “There, that should do it. And don't you think about trying that stunt again!”

“Hey! It was Bumblebee’s idea to go drag racing in the mud!” I laughed.

“DON’T BRING ME INTO THIS!” Bumblebee yelled from where he was playing video games on the makeshift sofa. 

“Aww, you're still mad I beat you?” I teased.

“Only because I didn't calculate how slippery mud is.” Bumblebee countered.

“Heh, sure, Bee, whatever you say.” I snickered before looking at Ratchet. “Can't promise I won't ask for a rematch.”

“I mean it, Y/D.” Ratchet scolded. “No more dangerous drag races. You almost ripped your processor out.”

“Yeah yeah I know.” I sighed, my tone becoming more meek and somber. “Thanks for fixing it, though.”

“It's not a problem, Y/D. You just need to be more careful.” Ratchet said. 

“No promises. But I'll try.” I chuckled. 

“Hey Sari!” Bumblebee called over to the girl. “Wanna play that stick game with the wheels and the little black plastic thing?”

“you mean street hockey?” Sari laughed as she hopped off my pede. “yeah! Let me get my gear.” 

I watched the little organic run off to her best friend, and a small smile crept up on my dermas. 

“It's crazy to think we'd end up here.” I said to Ratchet. “Thousands of light years from Cybertron on an organic planet filled with such variety to defend the very essence of Cybertronian life.”

“It is… quite a different experience.” Ratchet said. “Certainly not one I'd expect for myself.”

“Y/D, are you ready for your patrol?” Optimus asked as he entered the makeshift medbay. 

“Yeah, if uh, it's okay with you, Ratchet.” I asked the medic.

“Just don't do anything stupid.” Ratchet said.

“Yeah yeah I won't.” I chuckled as I strode out of the base and shifted to my ground mode, taking to the streets with a slight roar of my engine. 

My patrols were usually uneventful since I wasn't really supposed to go far from the Autobot base. But that didn't stop me from occasionally breaking my routes when necessary.