Chapter 13: Alone

Hacker walks, well... floats over to me and watches me work for a few minutes before I finally stop and look at him.

"What. Im busy."

"Its just... doesn't it seem like something is wrong?"

"Always. Your point?"

"No no... I mean... it feels like someone is missing..."

"Yeah. Sythical is. They put a post-it note on an old machine and thought it would trick me... clearly it only worked on you..."

"Wait what..." he looks at me like I'm lying. "Dr. A... you cant be serious..."

"Go look again, then. If it worries you all that much, talk to the others. It was probably their fault to begin with."

"Wh- you cant just blame everything on others!"

"Is it really a blame if its true?"

"You dont know its true!"

"Why else would he be gone? Not like him to just up and leave while we are out."

He leaves without another word.

- -

After a few hours, I finally finish working on my project.

"I should probably go ask about what happened to Sythical..."

As I stand up, someone knocks at my door. To my surprise, when I answer, I see Dust. Its not often I see the other members. Nonetheless that they come to see me. Dust looks a little worried about something.

"Need anything?" I say, trying to sound happy and inviting.

"I cant just let it slide anymore... Dr.S killed Sythical. Right before it happened, Sythical threw something and it slid under my door. Thought you should have it..." he hands me a small computer chip like object.

"Ah... I assume thats his memory or data chip... well, thanks. I'll see if I can do something."

I take the chip and close my door. I sit back down at my workbench and get back to working.

_____________
Sythical pov

After wandering around the monotonous gray hills for what feels like fifteen minutes, I sit down. I dont feel tired, hungry, or even bored. This place is just... empty. Void of color, feeling, and emotion. You'd think there would be a cold wind that blows a shiver down your spine but there isn't. I've called out but my voice wasnt heard. There is nothing to do but just... wait...

It must have been another fifteen minutes before something happened. A faint light from behind me, growing in brightness. I stand and begin climbing the hill to see the light. The moment I reach the top, gravity seems to change, causing me to lose my footing and roll down the other side of the hill into to light source...

__________
Dr. A pov

Its been a year since Sythical died and Dust gave me his chip. Now I've finally rebuilt his body. A little bit of (forced) help from Dr.S on getting Sythical's organic parts to be organic and inside his body. I finish with the last of it and lean back, exhausted after the long task. Now only needing to apply power to get him running around again, I sigh.

"Hate to say it, but I miss him..." I say, about to wake him up. "Glad to have you ba-AAAK!"

Sythical sits up quickly, hitting his head on the light. I nearly fall backwards in my chair, catching myself on the workbench with my foot. He holds his head in pain as he looks around.

"Oooww... what the hell happened..."

"Uh... youuuuu... passed out?" I try and cover up what happened, still in shock because I never put power into his body.

"If I passed out, I wouldn't be waking up on your workbench. What really happened here?" Sythical questions, clearly skeptical of everything.

"Its a long story..."

"Summarize it in two words then."

"You died..."

"I WHAT!?" Sythical screams. "Okay well thats something I need the rest of the context to..."

"Yeah... long story short, you were thrown through walls, evaporating your body. I rebuilt you because Dust gave me your memory chip you threw before it happened."

"Wow... thats... you rebuilt be in an hour? I was in this gray place for what felt like thirty minutes!"

"Great! Now that you are familiar with the concept of death and have gone to Limbo, its a great time to mention, you were dead for a whole year! (And you reanimated yourself, which scared the shit out of me.)"

"God damnit... well, now I need to adjust to the new time. Im going to take a nap..."

_________
Dr.S pov

I heard yelling from Dr. A's room. Yells that sounded like two people. Thats the first I've heard Dr. A scream... and by the sound of it, Sythical is alive again. Im proud that he managed to pull this off. When he asked for multiple genetics for organic fur and for me to put organs, blood, veins, muscle, and nerves into the body, I thought he was stupid and this couldn't be done. Maybe I should talk to him more often... I guess I see why Sharky likes him now.

-----
Sorry guys! Bit of a shorter chapter because of how long it took just to get this out! I do have plans for the future of the book, I just need to get things to that point first. There were three main issues with getting this done. Procrastination, writers block, and Wattpad signed me out and wouldn't load for a few days. Fell asleep with the (broken) app open, woke up to it being loaded. Past few days I've been working on this. I originally only had up to just before "he left without another word" and really trying to get this done. Also, I do DnD now! And marching band is starting soon again! Looking forward to working on chapters for a few minutes between reps!