Chapter 1: the selection

Fresh out of the factory, Sythical, along with the others, was told his purpose. War. They were all sent to a training camp and learned how to quickly get around. And that they were in a universe called "universe c-o940" on a large island floating in space. They were taught languages based on their design, sythical on the other hand, was on the edge between staying on the island or being a protector of a different universe. He was taught the native language of protogen as well as English. Sythical was happy, training hard, and ready for war. The day had finally come... The day of the selection was as important to him as it was everyone else. They were brought to a massive armory that had over hundreds of gun racks. They were in lines of 5 standing before the general, Sythical in front. The general raised his hand and everybody went silent instantly.

"Today is the day you choose the weapon you wield on the battlefield! If it breaks, fix it yourself! We ain't your mommy or daddy for whatever you need! You will protect your given universe and you will do it with pride! Do I make myself clear?"

The crowd of protogen shout back all in different languages "SIR YES SIR!"

The general speaks up once more "You five, in the front. Go choose your weapons."

Sythical and the others go run off to grab their weapons. One runs to the hand guns, a different one runs to the smgs, but sythical seems drawn to the far left of the armory. As he gets there he notices a katana hanging on the wall

"Strange..." he thinks to himself "why is there a singular sword in a place full of guns?" He grabs the katana and swings it a few times. Sythical shrugs off the fact that it's a sword and claims it as his weapon. He notices a small button on the handle and decides to press it. The blade looks as if it's started to peel and fold back until its no longer there. Sythical remembers he learned about this. It was a katana made from nanotechnology, or nanites. He put the now handle of the katana into his satchel where it would be secure.

Less than a minute later, two official soldiers came over and escorted him out. Why? None of the others had been escorted... why had he?

____________________

If you are reading my book, THANK YOUUU! this is my first book and would very much appreciate feedback on the story! If you want to help out, feel free to give a few ideas or point out some mistakes in spelling or grammar!