chapter 8: before we begin

-ok but no really, before I actually being the chapter of 'before we begin' I just want to say thank you. Never expected my book to do this well! It may not be up there with the titles like 'A Protogen's Misadventures' or 'My Life As A Shape-shifter' and it's sequels but it's somewhere along those lines! And because I'm a growing author who turned 14 as of today, June 15th, I'm setting the bar low. If I get enough questions and 2 votes on this chapter, I will make a q&a. That means any questions. And I mean A N Y questions. I've already taken up over 100 words. Enjoy the chapter!-

_____________
Sythical pov

As I'm about to attack the crowd I feel a sharp pain in my back, then the rest of my body. And then it's dark... Once I wake up I'm in some form of box with a glass window. I remembered my recording system that goes on when I pass out so I bring up the recording and begin to watch.

Video start- Sythical jumps into the crowd and Dr. A appears behind him with a pistol and taser. Dr. A shoots Sythical in the back and he falls to the floor after getting a short circuit. Dr. A then says "play times over" and picks up Sythical and tosses him aside then holsters the taser and pistol, grabbing his rifle off his back. The crowd goes down quickly, given their poor armor and fighting skill. Dr. A turns around and picks up Sythical and tosses him through a portal. The portal closes and a new one opens for Dr. A to walk inside with the portal closing instantly behind him. -Video end

So that's what happened... now to try and figure out what's going on here... I notice Dr. A standing by a table on a tablet on the other side of the glass.

"Dr. Asshole! Whats going on!"

"That's Dr. A to you. I'm just running a test."

"Let me out right now!"

"How about I do this."

He presses a button on his tablet and a window opens in one of the walls. On the other side I can see what looks like another protogen but more white, less fur, and... dripping? Melting? It's hard to tell.

"I thought there were none of my kind here except me..."

"There isn't. That's why I'm confused. This thing looks exactly like you but with less color and fewer features such as horns. This is a latex beast that has taken on the form of a protogen such as yourself and it has no host. I've tried to disinfect the thing but it just turns to a puddle and reforms."

He closes the window between me and the thing and opens my cage door. He tosses in a vial of a white substance that looks similar to the beast in the other cage. The vial shatters and Dr. A closes the door and puts me in front of it. He then runs out of the room and closes the door. Strange man... The puddle the vial made forms into another protogen. This one however, falls to the floor and returns to puddle form and doesn't get back up. Dr. A runs back in and seems panicked.

"What happened with the subject?"

"It came to life, took my form after looking at me, then fell and didn't get back up."

"Knew it. So there isn't another protogen here but one latex saw you when you fell from the sky and the others copied that one. And by the way... you didn't happen to order a box full of bread did you?"

"Yes that would have been me..."

"Your package is here. I put it in my room on your half."

"Thanks. I'm going to go to the room. I need to fix my systems after you tased me. Never do that again."

"I will be sure to keep doing that in the future. Got it thanks."

"Oka- wait... I said don't keep doing it!"

"If it makes you mad then I'm going to keep doing it."

Man why do roommates gotta be like this. I need sleep. Aaand that system broke. This is why I avoid other exposed electricity. I hate short circuits for multiple reasons. They hurt, they damage my systems, they make me forget things, and it makes me mad at people. I'm just going to go fix my entire system. This is going to take forever...

__________
Dr. A pov

Test successful. The results were exactly what I thought they would be. One copycat and many followers. I'm going to make another audio log and go to bed. That experiment was the only thing I had planned for today. I'm just trying to sleep so I'm going to just go make it short.

__________
Dr. S pov

Package in my room and I got no clue how this person is going to react. One way to find out... -snap- the crate falls apart and out pops a humanoid tiger shark with sunglasses.

"Welcome Sharky. How was the ride?"

"Hoi! Am fine. Ride was a bit bumpy tho."

"Glad you made it here in one piece."

_____________

Short chapter because I'm tired as hell and I need to do something in the morning. Believe it or not, I'm in band camp and marching band. I play the trombone and march the baritone. According to one of my friends I am "The Russian Bari-boner" anyway,  have fun with whatever you were doing that you decided to stop to read my book that I work hard on and know is kinda bad. And as markiplier once said, "buh-bye!"