Chapter 5: You're a woman (II)?

The servants of the house of Green were all looking at the handsome stranger walking in the halls of the estate.

"..."

Rowan left all of her things in the guest room, including the sword that Sir Arthur gave so she really hoped no one would tamper with her things while she was away.

It was the only thought that was closing her mind.

"Is he new around here?"

"Perhaps-! Have you ever seen such a dapper man walking around with such an expensive suit?"

"No goodness me, is this another one of Miss Charlie's bachelor of interest?"

"..."

Rowan could only walk in silence hearing every whisper and gossip, they might be talking in a low voice but they were still at arm's length.

This suit wasn't hers, and already the maids were mistaking her for a man. To those who had never seen the woman before, they all thought this was a noble lord visiting for business or for a courting plan for their young miss.

"Oh- Miss, you have finished getting ready." The maid from before eyes her up and down before raising an eyebrow. "Pardon me, but are you the same miss from before or did I not realize that she had a brother?"

Rowan shyly scratches the back of her neck, replying. "I-I am the same person from before."

The same person?

Her and this- are they really the same?

"I see." The maid looks disappointed as she said that and that only made Rowan more confused. "Please, both the Lord and Young Miss Green are waiting for your presence."

"Um... I'm sorry to ask but is my... clothes alright? This is the first time I'm wearing something like this." The red-haired girl asks for reassurance to which the maid simply replies-

"It is perfect." The maid even gave a good nod, admiring her for being so flexible in changing one's look. One moment you're a woman then the next you can come out looking like a nobleman.

"Well then, let us be on our way, please follow me."

Rowan follows obediently, the maid shows her the way into the office, opening the door and letting her inside the office. "I will leave you now."

The maid curtsies as a goodbye and closes the door leaving the three of them alone to talk privately.

"...gulp." (Rowan) loosens her coat and inside the office she could see two people laughing together on the couch. It was Miss Charlie Green, with a man that was almost the splitting image of her. They heard the door closing and slowly saw Rowan's figure at the entrance.

Miss Charlie gaps, standing up from the couch, it was a long hour wait but it seemed to be worth it. "Ah! Daddy the person who saved me is here! I want you to meet them!"

Percy Green, her father, held his belly and laughed, standing beside her to greet her daughter's savior. After hearing the story of how she was almost hurt by the man she introduced to him before- he boiled with anger at how someone could do something like that to his sweet daughter but was thankful when it was a happy ending that happened.