Characters are here

Author's Note: 

This story is somewhat inspired by "Hi Nanna" movie recently released on Netflix. It is a beautiful movie. This story is not similar to that but the idea-- specifically the father-daughter bond and love, the inspiration I got from there. 

Rohit didn't know what woke him up but as soon as he woke up, one thought or one name on his mind was suddenly, Anushka

Where is she?

 He drank a glass of water and then went outside to take a walk. He could see Virat asleep on the couch as he walked out of the room.

"Why is he sleeping here?", Rohit thought, he noticed Virat was curled up feeling cold. He went to his room and got the extra blanket which was there in cupboard. He slowly went towards him and covered Virat with it. 

Rohit couldn't help but feel how sad and disturbed he looked even in his sleep. He wanted to caress his forehead and remove that frown but he could not. He knew there was something which was bothering him but he was still angry and very upset with him.

As Rohit stood up to take a walk, he noticed Virat waking up being startled and scared. Before he could ask anything, Virat rushed towards Vamika's room. Rohit followed him and saw Virat caressing her hair as she was sleeping peacefully.

Once Virat came back, he saw a glass of water infront of him, "Thanks Aman, I--"

"It's Rohit", Rohit interrupted giving him the glass in his hand. 

Virat looked up and saw Rohit there. He took a sip of water and went in Vamika's room as he was not ready to face Rohit after seeing a flicker of hurt in his eyes. 

Rohit saw him laying down on the bed, taking her in his arms, sleeping peacefully within a min. 

Next morning, 

Rohit woke up late, he came out of his room to see the most adorable sight. 

Virat was making faces to make Vamika smile as she looked a little teary. Aman was arranging breakfast making sure everything is perfect. 

"Beta, Dada is sorry", he heard Virat holding his ears and doing sit-ups and Vamika was counting it. 

Vamika hugged him with her cute little hands around his neck as Virat sat on knees spreading his arms for her. He played a little with her, occassionally patting her back. 

The doorbell rang breaking his gaze from Virat and Vamika. Aman went to open it and Rohit noticed the whole team was there. 

He suddenly noticed Virat hugging Vamika close to him, he noticed a flicker of fear in his eyes. 

Why is he so on edge, scared? Rohit thought seeing his demeanour. 

Virat immediately took her in her room, Rohit followed them. He stood near the door and closed it. 

"Dada, who are they?", she asked as he made her sit and kneeled infront of her. 

His daughter's curious nature sometimes put Virat in a spot. 

"Baby, you remember all the stories right which I have narrated you in all these days?", asked Virat to which Vamika nodded her head. 

Virat smiled at her curiosity, "all the characters have arrived here, do you wanna meet them?", he asked cupping her cheeks. 

"You will be with me?", Vamika asked first, "always with you bacha", he replied. 

"cross your heart?", Vamika asked gesturing his heart. 

"cross my heart", Virat said doing the gesture. 

Rohit's eyes glistened with tears seeing the small interaction, how he had dreamed this to see, his best friend with his daughter. Today, it just felt surreal to watch it. 

"Now, first have your water, sip by sip-- I will come to take you, okay?", Virat said making her sit on the bed. She nodded in yes, "I will send Aman uncle", he said. 

Once they went outside, "I am sorry Virat, I dont know how they came here unannounced", Rohit felt the need to apologise at that moment because he saw Virat scared and he didn't want that. 

No matter how angry he was with him, he didn't want him to be scared or feared of them. Or be in any discomfort. Rohit knew it was something which was bothering Virat, he wanted to be there for him. 

"Virat, Vi", Rohit called keeping his hands on his shoulder. 

Virat was breathing in and out to calm his racing heartbeat, "Shh, relax Vi", Rohit said softly. 

"Aman, go to her", said Virat once he calmed down and went in the living room with Rohit. 

"Virat", Bhuvi came forward and hugged him. Virat first hesitated but then hugged him back. 

Suddenly it clicked Rohit that he hasn't hugged Virat from the time since he met. 

"How are you?", he asked breaking the hug, "fine", answered Virat. 

"Someone wants to meet you, I just suggest you not to get really excited or something, just try to keep your emotions in check", said Virat. 

Everyone was shocked by that because it was always Virat who was overexcited, hyperactive and him saying this was really shocking at the moment. They nodded in acknowledgement.

Virat went in the room, Vamika held his hand and walked out of the room. 

"Say Hi", Virat said softly. 

"Hi all, I am Vamika", she said softly. 

Each and everyone got teary eyed seeing her. 

"Hey", they greeted softly. They just kept staring at her which made her conscious and she hid behind Virat's leg. 

Virat kneeled to her level, to which she hid her face in his chest. Virat looked at Rohit and signaled him to tell them something. 

"Stop staring her", Rohit said which made them aware of their actions. 

Virat patted her back a little, "Don't be scared baby, you know them", he broke the hug and took her face in his hands. 

"You know Aman uncle and your Ro Chachu, they have a bet", he began softly. 

Rohit was surprised when Virat said that, a happy tear slipped down his eye. 

"What bet?", Vamika asked innocently. 

"That you will be able to recognise everyone or not, Aman uncle thinks you cannot do it but your Ro chachu has full confidence on you just like you recognised him", Virat said. 

"And what do you think Dada?", Vamika asked, as Virat's approval mattered to her the most. Everyone felt that, even Virat. 

Virat kissed her cheek making her giggle, "I know my daughter is super smart, she will guess everyone and you know why?", he asked. 

"Why?", she asked smiling. 

"Because these characters are the important people in Dada's life and don't you wanna prove that your Ro Chachu is right?", Virat said and everyone felt the emotion behind it. 

Rohit's anger just vanished somewhere at that moment as he heard that, Vamika nodded her head excitedly. 

Vamika held Virat's hand and went a little closer to them while Rohit and Aman stood behind watching it. 

Everyone was excited to know what she was gonna recognise them as.