Yearning for his best friend

"I just need this deal done anyhow, note it down. This, followed by the details I had asked last night. I was expecting those details on my table this morning but unfortunately it is not there"

"Sorry sir" the person apologized.

"I don't need your apologies, sorry means nothing to me. I just need the work done"

"Right, Virat sir, it will be here in 5 mins"

"So why are you standing here? Your 5 mins started already, always think before you make a commitment— and my coffee Aman", said Virat turning his chair looking out of window.

"Coming right away", said Aman leaving the cabin.

Virat sighed rubbing his temples as the cabin door was closed behind him. He took a deep breath and got back to his work again.

"Sir, your coffee and one important thing I would like to discuss with you", Aman said.

"Take a seat", Virat said sipping his black coffee.

"You remember we pitched in for managing clients at high level", Aman asked, hesitating a bit.

"Yes", Virat said listening in carefully.

"We cracked a deal", Aman said, "So it is a good news, right? Why are you looking worried?", Virat asked seeing frown on Aman's face.

"It's with Indian Cricket Team, we have to manage them", said Aman nervously.

Aman noticed Virat was unaffected by that, "So? What is the problem?", he asked again, not able to understand why Aman was nervous.

"We have to go back to Mumbai", Aman said as Virat was having that cold businessman look on his face.

"I know that at the time when I signed the deal, I don't understand what is the problem?", asked Virat seeing Aman still tensed.

"Nothing I guess", Aman said, seeing the cold look on Virat's face.

"Good, we have to manage their brand endorsements-- as maximum will be from our company, their shoots and everything will be managed by us, get the team ready. I will meet you later", said Virat, picking his coat and bag, leaving from there.

Virat drove to the location quickly.

"you are late", he heard as soon as he reached there.

Virat knew he was, he kneeled down, "Only by 2 mins-- sorry", he said holding his ears.

"2 mins or 10 mins-- you should be on time"

"Okay mam, forgive me for the last time?", Virat asked to which he got the nod in yes.

"Let's go home then, Vamu", Virat said getting up, he picked her bag and picked her up, made her sit in the car.

"Tired bacha?", Virat asked making her drink some water.

Vamika nodded-- Virat drove to the house, picked her up to which she snuggled into his chest.

He helped her to freshen up, made her lay down to take a short nap. He sat beside her patting her head to which she just moved closer to him.

On the other side,

"God damn it, one person, one god damn person, you cannot even find him," a loud voice echoed throughout the room, causing others to flinch.

"I have paid you more than enough for your work, and you can't even do it right; you know what, get out! "Get out of here," the person yelled, prompting the people to leave the room.

"Calm down Rohit", Jaddu said keeping his hand on his shoulder.

"Leave me alone", he said shrugging off his hand and left the room.

Jaddu sighed at the expected reaction from him. It's been 4 years and this was the same thing happened over the years.

"Go back to your practice sessions, we will talk later" Jaddu said and everyone agreed.

Rohit reached his room, only to pace around angrily being frustrated as he wasn't able to find his best friend.

He just smashed the glass in anger, burying his face in his hands.

"I just wished, you for once would have talked to me Vi", Rohit mumbled.

"You took my safe place and my home away", Rohit said, as tears tickled down his eye.