Your Home?

"Passport"

"Check"

"Cap"

"Check"

"Necessities"

"Dada, how hard it is for you to say medicines?", Vamika asked instead of saying check to the same.

Virat sighed at her question, Aman was just observing Virat as he looked on edge since the morning. He was making coffee and breakfast for them while Virat and Vamika were packing their luggage.

Vamika was just sitting on the sofa while Virat was involving her in packing, just by saying 'check' when he keeps the necessary things in the bag.

"Dada, we are going to come back here?", Vamika asked suddenly.

Virat sat beside her, taking her in his lap, "Do you want to stay here or go back to Dada's.. umm.. home?", he asked.

"Your home?", Vamika asked with a genuine curiosity in her eyes.

"My home is wherever you are but I had a home there, so do you want to see that?", asked Virat.

"Yes, yes, I want to see it", said Vamika excitedly.

Virat made her stand, "then go and bring your water bottle from the room", he said, "don't run", he said as she started running, listening to him, she immediately slowed down.

Virat went in the kitchen and took a cup of coffee, "Nervous?", Aman asked.

"A little", Virat answered.

"About her meeting people or?"

"There is purpose I am taking her back there"

"Don't you think I know it sir?"

Virat looked at him in surprise.

"The day you decided to prepare the whole deal for the team in Mumbai, I got an idea why you did it, I know you that much Virat sir", Aman said serving the breakfast.

Virat looked at him only to get reminded of people close to him, he had that reflection of two people who were extremely close to him.

"Dada", the cute little voice distracted him from his thoughts.

Virat made her sit and made sure she eats properly, "Last bite Vamu", he said and made her eat the whole breakfast.

"We have to wrap up some work Vamu, you read this till then", Virat said making her sit beside him and handed her a story book filled with pics. She knew that was her cue to sit silently but not away from Virat's gaze.

She just leaned her head on his arm and read the story quietly. Aman couldn't help but click a picture of them, Virat was reading his file and Vamika was leaning on his arm reading her story book.

After 2 hours, they left for the airport. Virat picked Vamika up, covered her face with his cap. He also covered himself with hoodie and sunglasses not wanting to get recognised.

Aman had arranged everything and they finally reached Virat's Mumbai farmhouse, he couldn't go to his home, not yet.

***

Indian Team were in their practice session. Rohit was observing from far and discussing the strategies for the match which was tomorrow.

"We have to meet the new company owner today", Jaddu said sitting beside him once they were done with the discussions.

"Is it necessary for me to be there?", Rohit asked not wanting to go anywhere and be in his room.

"Yes Rohit, you are the captain, you have to", KL said to which Rohit nodded.

They went to get ready for the meet up.

"Where is the meeting?", Rohit asked seeing they were driving out of the city.

"it's at their farmhouse, seems like it's their office too-- it's a small company, for now we are only gonna meet the owner and the manager", KL informed.

Rohit and KL were going for the meeting as they were the captain and vc. They reached and rang the doorbell.

Aman opened the door, "Hi, Please come, I hope you didn't had any issues reaching here?", he asked politely.

"No, we were fine, the place is nice", KL said while Rohit just silently followed them at the other side where there was a small office setup.

Before they could enter, someone collided with Rohit's leg.

"Careful", Rohit yelled and held the person before anything happens.

Rohit kneeled down and checked on the person, "Kiddo, you okay? are you hurt?", he asked softly to which she nodded in no, "sorry", she said.

"Bacha, what are you doing here?", Aman asked kneeling infront of her.

She moved from Rohit's hold to Aman, she indicated him to pick her up.

"A sec", Aman said to which they both nodded and took a seat in the office.

Aman sat on the couch with Vamika on his lap, "First, drink water", he said and gave her the water so that she could calm down.

"Now, tell me why are you running? You are not allowed to run, right?", Aman asked to which Vamika just nodded.

"He is forcing me to eat that big tablet", Vamika whispered keeping her head on his chest.

Aman knew there was only one tablet which Vamika doesn't like and now she had to have that.

"Okay, you sit here quietly for sometime, we will see what we can do", Aman said, thinking that they needed some time to sort it out.

"Your daughter is really cute", KL said as Aman came to them with some files.

"She is not.."

"Princess", they heard a voice from the corridor.

Rohit froze for a moment hearing that, KL held his hand immediately. And the person they were searching for 4 years, was there at the door.

Virat didn't notice them in the room, he directly went to the other side where Vamika was sitting on the couch. Aman went to her and she sat close to Aman.

Virat sat infront of both of them.

"What is this behaviour?", Virat asked to which Vamika hid her face in Aman's embrace.

"Bacha", Virat called again, "Didn't I tell you not to run again and again? But no, u don't listen to me. Who am I to you right? No one", he said sternly.

Rohit and KL were just watching it not able to believe that he was there infront of them.

"Dada, I am sorry, it is not like that please", Vamika went to him immediately and held her ears.

'Dada, means-- she is.. she is Virat's daughter-- she was their Vamika', Rohit thought.

Virat softly remove her hands, wiped her slightly moist eyes, "don't run away from me again", he said softly.

Vamika hugged him and Virat picked her up, going outside the room but stopped hearing that voice.

"Vi", Rohit called.

Virat turned and finally noticed KL and Rohit there. He completely forgot Aman was in a meeting and it was with them.

"I will be back in sometime, till then Aman-- you can start the meeting", Virat said composing himself.

"Who are they? He called you Vi?", Vamika asked quietly but it was audible to them.

"I am working with them bacha", Virat answered.

The question and answer followed to that, both broke their heart, Vamika didnt know them and Virat referred them as colleagues.

"Dada, sleepy", Vamika said and Virat just left with her.

***