Part 18

PART 18

°•°•°•°•°•

NNENNA'S POV

“Nnenna, you should listen to me and quit now you still have the chance,” Helen said again and this is the third time since we left the hotel.

“And just like I always respond, I'm not stopping. It's too late for that now.” I remarked.
Truly it was too late for me to abandon them in this field. It's not like I'm still a virgin. I might be new to this but I'm going to do whatever it takes to become the best at the game.

“You don't know Madam Big T like I do, she'll possibly drain the life out of you...”

“Then let her! It's not like I'm living the best life, I lost my virginity to that rifraf, remember?”

“And you're not the only person nor the last person it'll happen to! Stop fussing over it for fuck's sake!” Helen snapped.

Asides the time Helen scolded me for judging her, this was another time I've seen the extent of her anger. Nonetheless, I understood why she got so upset. After I narrated to her my ordeal with Francis, she told me how easier it'll be for me to move on with the trauma since Francis was a stranger. Then she told me how the man she'd always thought to be her uncle, took advantage of her at a very tender age.

I didn't say another word after her outburst but I was still fuming inside. How dare Madam Big T talk to me the way she did because of one useless old man?

I decided what to spend my time doing tonight at the club. I've already tendered my resignation letter the night after the event with Francis, it's been three weeks now and I have only three days to work for them before I stop. I really can't wait to stop so finally I can have time for myself. Though this new business isn't paying well, I got a sure info from a concerned friend who told me a few tips that will help.

By the end of this night at the club, my bait worked. I exchanged contact with an interested candidate and he assured me to book a safe location. So, I studied all styles back and forth and strained myself till I could go no further.

When the D-day rolled in, I performed like I was onstage competing for the best award and my client was satisfied. He paid a huge sum for the services rendered and I had left the next morning with thirty-five thousand naira. More than the salary I earn at the club at the end of every month.

As soon as possible , I changed my undies and a few clothes in my wardrobe. Made a new hairstyle and started my journey to a glowing skincare. A new me activated.

By the time I returned to Madam T's house two week later, she knew something had changed. Only she's yet to find out just how much.

°•°•°•°

I'm going through Writers' block with this book and this chapter can attest to that. Nonetheless, I'll try to give it all I've got.

I'm writing two new books now and I have a deadline to meet. So, bear with me.